Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Sep 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Mobile Taking food

I’m trying to decide between taking food with me or just doing a delivery when there. We were planning on taking an empty suitcase and thought I could fill it with this. Its just for cereal and snacks for the kids. Is it a pain to take food through customs? Are we better just doing it there?

Would be keen to hear others experiences. Thank you!
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've never found it a pain, just declare it and like you i have only ever taken snack and cereal and the the customs officer just waves us through. I have never had any additional searches.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Sometimes they wave you through and sometimes they put your cases through the xray,even doing this is not an issue
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

We're taking a fair amount of food with us and doing the rest (frozen/fresh stuff) when we get to Walmart. We are staying in LBV resort so have a full kitchen, ill be making use of it and saving a few pennies by not eating out .

But, yes, just declare it and its an additional xray or waved through. Ill write out a mini list of what i have and stuff it in my pocket so im ready if they ask x
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
love tink
Getting Excited

Mobile

It’s expensive over there now so take as much as you can with you!We took bagels,crisps,cereal bars,cereal,tea,coffee,jam, marmalade and Cadbury’s chocolate!Flew into Sanford,no additional checks.When we flew into Orlando we had an extra scan but only took 2mins.
love tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
love tink
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by kitjos View Post
We're taking a fair amount of food with us and doing the rest (frozen/fresh stuff) when we get to Walmart. We are staying in LBV resort so have a full kitchen, ill be making use of it and saving a few pennies by not eating out :
But, yes, just declare it and its an additional xray or waved through. Ill write out a mini list of what i have and stuff it in my pocket so im ready if they ask x
We have just returned from LBV resort and spa,there is also a publix you can walk to a bit closer than wal mart but the pavement disappears for about 200 meters,so annoying as it’s only a 10 min walk🤦🏻
love tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For some reason the US C&BP have taken down the "safe food to import" web site that I must have linked a hundred times on here over the years. Things like cookies and cereals are usually OK to import - it's stuff like meat, fish, dairy, fruit and veg that you should avoid.

In our experience we haven't had a customs form to fill in for a couple of years and the automated kiosks were removed from MCO last year.

However, the Immigration Officer may still ask if you have food. You may get a sarcastic "You can get that stuff here" but just smile nicely.

Haven't seen a separate Customs Officer, desk or luggage scanner at MCO in maybe 4 years.

Mick
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We like to shop out there. Buying different food is all part of the holiday experience.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We like to shop out there. Buying different food is all part of the holiday experience.
Even though we always stay in a villa and have 90% of meals out we always find time to visit Walmart, Super Target and Publix three or four times every visit.

We've even been known to regularly push a red cart around ST after dinner at Longhorn and buy nothing.

We have battery operated Christmas lights from Walmart, Fieldcrest bath towels from Target and salad dressings from Publix.

Mick
Old 29 Sep 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by love tink View Post
We have just returned from LBV resort and spa,there is also a publix you can walk to a bit closer than wal mart but the pavement disappears for about 200 meters,so annoying as it’s only a 10 min walk🤦🏻
Oh neat! . I was only aware of the walmart near by. Annoying on the vanishing pathway but could prove useful if i need somthing and dont want to spend money on taxi's to walmart. Cheers! x
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List