Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Oct 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by globedust View Post
Sudden onset headaches like that should always be taken seriously. My Mum had a brain haemorrhage that presented exactly like this. I am glad he is getting checked out and am sorry it took so long for the ambulance x
Mine too - have never seen my mum cry before but she did that time as the pain in her head was so bad and she too was vomiting.We nearly lost her that day so things like that should always be taken seriously.
Old 5 Oct 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

At half 7 this morning he woke up feeling completely fine and rang again to cancel the ambulance as they still hadn’t turned up. I appreciate they’re busy but I was a little annoyed that they still hadn’t shown by 7.30am or called us, despite it being strange at 2.40am and them telling me at 3.30am that he needed to be seen as his headache hadn’t completely gone.

I’ve just woken up after going to bed at 8am. I’ve got work 1300-2300 today so it’s going to be a long day for me!

He said he felt absolutely fine when he woke up this morning, just a bit drained. He decided he was going to work, though when he left said he had a niggle of a headache. So I’m going to try and call him in a bit and see how he is, if he’s still in pain then I’m going to get him to go and get it checked out, he’s only 10 minutes from the hospital at the minute.

I didn’t realise it could be quite so serious to be honest, I just assumed it was a mother of a migraine! Fingers crossed that’s all it is. They did ask all the questions for a stroke on the phone and were satisfied it wasn’t one.

He’s actually been the the GP yesterday morning to pick up more of his prescriptions and needed a review of them so ended up having a full MOT and they were happy with everything so hopefully it’s nothing more sinister!

Thanks for your messages guys. X
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 11:30 AM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m glad he feels ok but in my opinion, he really should follow up On this.
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Yeh, he should still get checked out really although it’s likely he is ok as the pain has settled and he’s functioning normally. Any sudden onset really severe headache- like you’ve been hit across the back of the head with a cricket bat, particularly with associated vomiting needs checking out ASAP as has already been mentioned it can be a sign of a cerebral bleed. This is doubly important for anyone who is anticoagulated (with warfarin or a DOAC). Hope he’s feeling back to normal now and you both get a better sleep this evening.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Yeh, he should still get checked out really although it’s likely he is ok as the pain has settled and he’s functioning normally. Any sudden onset really severe headache- like you’ve been hit across the back of the head with a cricket bat, particularly with associated vomiting needs checking out ASAP as has already been mentioned it can be a sign of a cerebral bleed. This is doubly important for anyone who is anticoagulated (with warfarin or a DOAC). Hope he’s feeling back to normal now and you both get a better sleep this evening.
Thank you, it was front of the head rather than the back, which is why I reckon the ambulance pushed us to the back of the list. He seems to be alright at work so fingers crossed.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad all ok, however I would urge he gets seen asap.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Mobile

I second getting seen today.
Old 5 Oct 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Is also get seen- I felt like that once and ended up in hospital with viral meningitis - the hospital staff all thought I had a migraine until they did the tests
Old 5 Oct 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Thanks all. Once I speak to him/see him in a bit (he should be popping into my work on his way back) then I’ll try and get him to go and see someone.

It’s so horrible when it’s the middle of the night and you don’t know what to do. Feel like you’re wasting everyone’s time. Especially when it’s 7.30am and he feels fine. They did retriage the call this morning and then get a paramedic to phone back to be sure they could cancel the ambulance.
Old 5 Oct 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

I've had these types of headaches before. Sometimes they're that sore ice been known to put my head against a wall and push against ot to try to get relief. Doctor cant explain what it is it's too strong to get a normal migraine, at one stage they thought it was fluid at the top of my spine,another suggestion was sinus headaches🤷

Only one type of tablet will take them away within 15mins, and now the doctor refuses to prescribe them as they've apparently got risks.
I've argued that I only ever need to take 2 and they work so quickly, and as I don't like taking loads of tablets I'd rather have those ones.
He has said if I continue to take them he will have to refer me to hospital for further investigation, which I'm quite prepared to do tbh, and he also said its better to take more tablets a day than just 2 strong ones🤷
He still wont give me them, has given me numerous different tablets which don't work so I just suffer now.

Hopefully your OH is feeling better, and I hope he doesn't have another one anytime soon, as i feel for him 100%
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List