Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Oct 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

QSD planners- what TS meals will you do?

I am pretty certain the QSD plan is more than going to cover our needs, there are a few meals I would like to pay for though:

Storybook dining
Chef Mickey’s
T Rex

(I will book breakfast at BOG *fingers crossed* but this is QSD credits am I right?)

I’m also considering a fireworks dessert party.

We plan to use $300 (Disney dollars) we have towards the character meals, so for us (4 of us) it’s not worth upgrading to the TS, especially with the tipping and don’t want to have to book too much in advance either. It still looks like we will have loads of QS and snack credits left.

I’m just curious what are your “go to” TS meals you plan on paying for despite having QSD? (Just checking I haven’t missed anything special!)
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are on the standard plan this year but if we weren't I'd definitely pay for garden grill lunch OOP
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

You are correct about BOG. I have breakfast and lunch booked here.

OOP I have booked Ohana Dinner and Garden Grill Breakfast.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Sci-Fi Diner. Never miss it. I love the cheesey film clips and I think they do the best burgers on site.
also Ale and Compass for breakfast all-you-can-eat for $24
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Teppen Edo for us this year, plus Outback offsite

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

What sort of food do you like? Where people eat depends on that.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

Always Tusker House for breakfast on the first morning! This September we just added this and a Garden Grill breakfast. We had a couple of others booked but ended up cancelling as we just weren't hungry enough!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

You are correct re: BoG for QSDP - we like to breakfast there on our first full day, and lunch there partway through the hols.

Not done either Chef Mickey's or Storybook, but have done T-Rex - was okay, theming and experience better than food to be honest (food not bad, just standard I guess).

For OoP meals, on site, we have really enjoyed:

Tusker House Breakfast - classic characters, standard buffet breakfast fare, ham carvery really nice.

1900 Park Fare - MP, Tigger, Alice, Mad Hatter. Again, buffet fare, but... Gummi Bears for breakfast?!? (careful, Mary Poppins tells you off for eating 'em Or she did Mrs Indiana, anyway!)

Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno, Boardwalk - Flynn Rider, Rapunzel; my absolute favourite character meal, great food, brilliant interactions.

All of the above we'd look to do again.

Others, on site:

Teppan Edo - beautiful settings, great details, but at the end of the day, Kobe off site (we do the one on I-Drive) is as good (if not better), and significantly better value.

Cinderella's Royal Table - did this when the little one turned eight, so did glass slipper presentation and all sorts. Fantastic theming and memories, but the food wasn't all that (wasn't bad, just not stellar), and wasn't cheap.

Akershus - same hol as tyke's birthday hol; various Princess visits, enjoyed the food, bit less expensive than CRT.

More I've probably forgotten...

For variety on QSDP though, get yourself to Springs - so many fantastic eats there on the QSDP.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We only did two TS meals last year as we had QSDP - breakfasts at Tusker House and Crystal Palace. Personally I much preferred CP as our TH experience felt rushed and we were kept waiting ages after our ADR time too. So my vote would be CP.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm doing QSDP next year and the only TS places I'll pay OOP are Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK and Spice Road Table in Epcot.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List