Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Oct 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Favorite QS in HS & AK.

Can I have your favorite QS suggestions in HS & AK please for lunch/dinner.

Edited at 03:57 PM.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m interested in this as well.

I’ve heard (but not eaten there yet) that the flame grill bbq in AK is meant to have good options.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lardypops
Apprentice Imagineer

lardypops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We ate at the backlot express at HS which was good, also ate at flametree at AK and it was just OK, loads of people like it though so might have been unlucky. There'd are some great snack credit options at AK but I find the food choices at HS a bit limited tbh
lardypops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I ate at Flametree Barbeque in AK last month. It was ok but certainly not as good as when I ate there a year ago. I ate at Dockside Diner in HS last month and really enjoyed it.

Edited at 05:16 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DHS is a bit difficult as many of the QS are outside which can put people off. We do like Dockside Diner even though it has outdoor seating and Backlot Express for indoor.
AK I think it depends what you fancy eating. We like Restaurantosaurus.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
We ate at ABC Commissary in H.S and I had the pot roast and it was my favourite QS of the holiday, it was so nice I wanted to lick my plate!
As for AK not sure really, we just find somewhere when we get hungry, this time it was Restaurantosaurus and it was ok
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So I still haven't found a HS one I would recommend. Most are OK but I tend to stick to snacks there instead. I ate at Woody's last month but found it was not the best.

In terms of Animal Kingdom, have you looked at the Restaurantosarus Burger & Ice Cream meal? Its prebookable and classes as a QS credit but out of plan I think its $22.99 or something like that. This was the nicest burger I have ever had! They don't have a huge choice (5 burgers and a salad I believe) but they taste wonderful and you get a bowl of ice cream as well. If on the QS plan you can get a margarita with it but if paying out of pocket this would cost extra (although you get a soft drink included in the price). Its not the same menu as Restaurantosarus itself either
Old 11 Oct 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
HS- We tried Rosie's All American cafe last trip- we enjoyed it- we did a late dinner so the lack of full shade wasn't an issue- not sure I;d be so keen midday. Mobile order worked fab and as there are ?3 different quick services all next to each other it was easy to suit everyone and just pick it up at each area.
AK- Sautil Canteen was great for adults but the kids weren't impressed we also got Yak and Yeti- okay to good food- we also used snack credits for chicken fried rice and their desserts- well worth a credit
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Satuli canteen at AK
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
Satuli canteen at AK
Agree! We all loved it here. The theming was great, food really tasty, spacious and served on proper plates 👍🏻👍🏻

We struggle at HS so interested in thoughts for there. Is there any QS in the new Star Wars area?
We need somewhere inside to escape the sun for a while
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List