Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Oct 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Can I Uber to the space centre?

Random ish Q but I'm ready to book my kennedy space centre tickets for our upcoming hol next month and not only is the cost of transportation ridiculous but I've been reading horrible reviews online saying that the transport people insist on tips per person which obviously as a family mounts up!

I'm considering using uber it says $65 dollars each way and yes a tip ( I have no problem tipping for good service but dont want to be bullied into parting with too much money) it still works out cheaper than the difference in ticket costs with transportation? Will I struggle to get an uber back?

Any help insights etc appreciated or even someone restoring my faith in a company with transportation included.

Many thanks
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Starlet View Post
Random ish Q but I'm ready to book my kennedy space centre tickets for our upcoming hol next month and not only is the cost of transportation ridiculous but I've been reading horrible reviews online saying that the transport people insist on tips per person which obviously as a family mounts up!

I'm considering using uber it says $65 dollars each way and yes a tip ( I have no problem tipping for good service but dont want to be bullied into parting with too much money) it still works out cheaper than the difference in ticket costs with transportation? Will I struggle to get an uber back?

Any help insights etc appreciated or even someone restoring my faith in a company with transportation included.

Many thanks
My eldest did this in May this year to watch a rocket launch. Not quite all the way to Kennedy but a bridge nearby. He went at about 1:30am and his was approx $130 return and the Uber driver waited for him to watch the launch

Hope this helps
mrsjacksparrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

We used a company called Florida dolphin tours when we went. They were really a good company, gave us lots of information on the way and then while we there they also give a short tour you can choose to be a part of.

They didn’t bully us for tips, it was one man and he did point out there was a tip bucket, which we did tip, but he didn’t ask for certain amounts or for it to be per person.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Why don’t you hire a car for a day ?

And KCC is the best thing I have ever done in Florida next time we will spend two days there
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Stew_the_red
slightly serious Dibber

to answer the question, yes you can, we had friends go last October 9 we didn't do it) it cost about $60 each way I think, although the hotel were offering a better deal

stew
Stew_the_red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List