Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile Sofa

Hello
I’m currently sat on my battered old sofa whilst my daughter does a headstand thing on it and my sons sitting on the arm. Every zip is broken and quite frankly it’s disgusting. We bought it from DFS ten years ago, Pre children!
I’d love a new one. Washable covers, no zipped on cushions or loose cushions at the back. It also can’t be a corner one so need a big three seater and a two seater. Not cream coloured!
So where do I get one from (that’s not too expensive) and will my children ever stop treating the house like a soft play?
😀
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve just bought DFS chesterfields for the very same reason - no loose cushions but not sure about washable covers! We have had them stain sprayed. I was desperate for something fuss free and that didn’t have all the irritating backs that’s squash down and the kids wreck. It looks much hardier. And it’s quite classy looking too.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Ikea? We bought our sofa and chairs from their a couple of years ago, its comfortable, hard wearing, and we were able to get it delivered on the same day
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We had Ikea washable sofa for years. Cheap comfy and washed pretty well. You can also replace the covers easily.

We’ve now got one from Harvey’s which I like. But it does have zipped on cushions.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Hello
I’m currently sat on my battered old sofa whilst my daughter does a headstand thing on it and my sons sitting on the arm. Every zip is broken and quite frankly it’s disgusting. We bought it from DFS ten years ago, Pre children!
I’d love a new one. Washable covers, no zipped on cushions or loose cushions at the back. It also can’t be a corner one so need a big three seater and a two seater. Not cream coloured!
So where do I get one from (that’s not too expensive) and will my children ever stop treating the house like a soft play?
😀
Your children won't stop treating the furniture that way until you tell them to stop and mean it. I actually hate it when children do not treat their home with any respect and it makes me wonder what they do in other peoples homes too. But it is down to you.

I believe some places have some great sales on at the moment.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We have two one from SCS in fro t room but that has cushions on back but they are massive so don't take much faffing to get into position, In family room we have a leather one and that has leather cushions but they dont shift as on strong velcro... pretty sure that's from IKEA, don't have to worry about the kids anymore, now it's the dogs, throws i find are our friends 😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

We were going to buy a Natuzzi sofa until the sales lady lied to my face. It left a really bad taste in my mouth so we ended up going back to Laura Ashley where we have always bought sofas from. Never had any problems, good quality and a good range of fabrics. Plus it's saved us £5k by not buying the Natuzzi one so we're happy!