Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Oct 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Aer Lingus Reviews

Hi
After Thomas cook folding we have no flights to New York in April. Virgin are wanting over 3k in economy 😱 Aer lingus prices are ok but are indirect which I can live with as it’s a short layover. Has anyone used aer lingus or should I avoid? Thanks xx
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsjacksparrow
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsnicola View Post
Hi
After Thomas cook folding we have no flights to New York in April. Virgin are wanting over 3k in economy 😱 Aer lingus prices are ok but are indirect which I can live with as it’s a short layover. Has anyone used aer lingus or should I avoid? Thanks xx
Hi

I flew to JFK with them last January. I was pleased overall. Really good service, comfortable seats, in fact on the way back the plane wasn't full so we ended up with 3 x rows of 3 to ourselves and had a great sleep!

Clearing immigration in Dublin is also a plus as it saves time when you get to the states.

You've got nothing to worry about, seriously!
mrsjacksparrow is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Hi

Thanks that's helped I only have flown to the US with virgin or Thomas cook so I am not sure how this airline compares.
Anyone else flown with them?
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Flew with then in January to Orlando. No problems at all-will use them again if the price is good
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We use Aer Lingus all the time as we live in Dublin and they would be our first choice of airline.
We’ve used them for many transatlantic flights not just to Orlando and would be happy to recommend them.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Allan
Excited about Disney

Used them recently to fly to Orlando from Edinburgh via Dublin. They were ok, nothing special, I had a few grumbles but nothing major.
I had a 3 hour connection on the way out and 1h15m on the way back but both transatlantic flights were at least 30 mins early. US pre-clearance in Dublin is a bonus but we ended up waiting 1 hour for our baggage at Orlando, but that wasn't the airlines fault.
Allan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Im from Dublin too and for the last number of years Aer Lingus has been my go to airline for both transatlantic and short haul to Europe.

Ireland is one of a few countries which has a special arrangement with USA Homeland s Security to have whats known as Pre Clearance.

This means that transatlantic flights from Ireland have a second security check before you board the plane. In Dublin, you go down to a lower level under the short haul departure gate area. You go through another bag and body scan and then you go to the USA Security check. This is where you get the eye scan and the fingerprint scan and they stamp your passport. You will be asked to identify your luggage on a screen.

Once you have your passport stamped, technically you are in America, even though you are still in Dublin airport.

The pre clearance takes about 40 minutes approx, depending on how many transatlantic flights are departing at that time. They usually open pre clearance for a flight about 2 hours before departure.

There is limited food and drinks and shopping after pre clearance, although you can pay for lounge access.

The main food and shops are before you go down to the main gate area.

When you land in America, you land as a domestic flight and just have to collect your luggage and leave the airport.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

AL is out airline of choice. A significant step up from the likes of BA or Virgin.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Redordead
New Poster (3)

Mobile Aer Lingus

Originally Posted by mrsnicola View Post
Hi
We have used them and found it absolutely fine.
Redordead is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

I usually book direct in January for a June transatlantic flight to California. There is usually a January sale every year. You should sign up to their mailing list as they regularly have sales throughout the year.

When you book direct, with certain price brackets you can choose your seat when you book.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List