Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewpots
New Poster (4)

DVC rental for part of the vacation!

We are looking to go the WDW in august 2021 for their and my husband's 50th birthdays and are hoping to go for 3 weeks.

I have priced up 3 weeks at ASMovies for 3 weeks with a QSDDP and also for 2 weeks and then 1 week renting DVC through Dave's DVC Rentals.

The price that it would cost for the week at Wilderness Lodge is only a few hundred pounds more than the 3 weeks at ASM so am wondering a couple of things (that I hope you guys can help with! )
1) is this costing correct? It seems too good to be true and is a lot cheaper than going through ATD or WDE directly for the same holiday!
2) Can I actually do this split? I costed through ATD for 2 weeks hotel and 3 weeks park tickets, then would buy the flights direct from BA or Virgin.
3) How risky is it to book a holiday like this? I read that you can only book a maximum of 11 months in advance with the DVC rental...

Sorry for the long post and questions guys - this is our first trip since 2010 and a lot has changed!

Stewpots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

You can only book DVCrentals from 11 months in advance. I have rented points twice, once successfully from Dave's DVC the second time I put my application in and they simply didn't have the points to fulfil my week at BLT.

Luckily I asked on DVC section of the board here and a lovely dibber had the points and booked for me.

So just because you want to make the booking with a resale doesnt mean they always have the points.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewpots
New Poster (4)

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
You can only book DVCrentals from 11 months in advance. I have rented points twice, once successfully from Dave's DVC the second time I put my application in and they simply didn't have the points to fulfil my week at BLT.

Luckily I asked on DVC section of the board here and a lovely dibber had the points and booked for me.

So just because you want to make the booking with a resale doesnt mean they always have the points.
Do you think it's worth the risk and wait to see if you can get the dates that you want? My other worry is if we wait and try to get the DVC rental and can't, then we miss out on a week of our holiday when we would have already purchased the 3 week park tickets!
Stewpots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Look on the DVC availability chart to get an idea of availability, just google it!
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

I did a 5 & 2 nights at BLT and AKL with dates, it was all very easy. If you not looking for peak time and like special rooms, it all depends what they have available though. I would say in sept 2020 your not going to get fabulous availability through wdtc or adt (though check for aug next year and see what still there? I think the rooms at some of the resorts sell very quick and get very expensive very rapidly) but that’s the only gamble there, replacing the weeks hotel should daves not come through?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
lemonpie
Helping Mickey

Have you checked how much it would cost to amend the holiday? You could book ASM for 3 weeks then drop the 3rd week if you are able to get the DVC booking.
lemonpie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I may be wrong but if you book with Disney (so ATD May be similar) for 2 weeks if you then need to add on you would get the same deal as you would have got at the time of initial booking. It’s why so many people book a room for one person and then add on later.

September is a difficult time for DVC as it’s food and wine but at 11 months there wouldn’t be a booking problem just maybe they’re may not be someone renting points at the specific resort you’d like.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List