Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Sep 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
Thanks all, just wanted to check it was true as you never know these days. I will see if i can organise a different pharmacy- his is Lloyds.or maybe I can pay annual fee on his behalf. he also had a letter for his flu jab saying he wouldn't get a home visit this year and to attend the surgery, the letter says be prepared to queue and wear warm clothes. there is no way he can queue and I am 160 miles away so he will miss it.
If he is housebound ask for a DN to visit and administer his flu vaccine in his own home.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
It’s such a difficult decision to make, isn’t it? On one hand it’s a unfunded service, and on the other a pharmacist just wants to do their best for their patients.

This is quite an interesting statement from PSNC chemistanddruggist...-services-free
The problem we have is that the company never set a criteria for delivery so we have customers that are more than capable of collecting, we had one who literally lived across the road !
Then others who phone to ask for afternoon delivery as they are going to the supermarket, which is 5 mins away from us, the list goes on.
Old 12 Sep 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by burkie View Post
The problem we have is that the company never set a criteria for delivery so we have customers that are more than capable of collecting, we had one who literally lived across the road !
Then others who phone to ask for afternoon delivery as they are going to the supermarket, which is 5 mins away from us, the list goes on.
Unbelievable
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by burkie View Post
For us, the trouble is people expect it to be like their supermarket delivery with a time slot, or for their drugs to be left even when they are not there to take delivery. What exists is a man with a van and 100 prescriptions to deliver in the morning, with another 70 on a different route in the afternoon, who has to sign to say he has seen the customer take delivery. If the customer is not there we still get charged for a delivery.

Hence housebound only now, since they will generally be in.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
For us, the trouble is people expect it to be like their supermarket delivery with a time slot, or for their drugs to be left even when they are not there to take delivery. What exists is a man with a van and 100 prescriptions to deliver in the morning, with another 70 on a different route in the afternoon, who has to sign to say he has seen the customer take delivery. If the customer is not there we still get charged for a delivery.

Hence housebound only now, since they will generally be in.
Yes my Uncle is housebound, he gets Wiltshire frozen foods delivered , milk bread and eggs delivered and a veg box - he manages quite well really
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We're in West Mids too, my aunt phoned me on tuesday to say hers has stopped free deliveries. She is 81, not housebound as such but doesn't go out unless my Dad (also 81) or me take her somewhere.

Hers is a small village Boots pharmacy, and like you, I was shocked they were going to charge. She, like your Dad is cash only, which doesn't help does it.
Old 12 Sep 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

We had volunteers collecting prescriptions during lockdown and many have continued. Might there be a local voluntary sector organisation or good neighbour who could do this? It might also offer other support if needed
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fjmoore
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

If it's the chain beginning with B the cost is £5 per delivery or £55 for a 12month subscription of up to 52 deliveries.

The NHS does not fund delivery. Most pharmacies make very little profit from dispensing so cannot be expected to deliver FOC. If you have a grocery delivery from a supermarket you do not expect to receive it for free even if you are elderly and vulnerable.

The company starting with B will still deliver free of charge if the patient previously had Shielding status as defined by the NHS, but it still begs the question of how they get basic groceries?

If you care to research online you will find most Pharmacy chains had their costs multiply massively due to increased costs such as PPE, staffing
& deliveries so some pharmacies will close as a result.

There may be a way of the relative paying online on behalf of the elderly relative. Please check the relevant company website for info?
fjmoore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Have you tried using the NHS volunteer service that was set up for this reason amoungst other services like shopping etc for the vulnerable / elderly / shielding.
Royal voluntary service
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I find this really;odd all,our repeat meds automatically go to the pharmacy and get delivered but/we choose to pick,up,it’s a free service in Scotland
Takes me 5 mins to,order everything for 17 of us and divide=into delivery or pick up all free

We are in England and the rules changed a while ago, you now have to request your medication every month (previously it was done automatically, and sent straight to your pharmacy).
Boots started charging £5 a delivery.
I have to order Mums over the phone, to be sent to her local Tesco pharmacy, where she has to walk and collect it. She’s 85 next week.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List