Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 1 Oct 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Italy - holiday location ideas and flying direct from where?

Hi All,

Hope everyone is safe and well.
We have not ruled Florida out for next year, after this year’s trip was cancelled due to the dreaded COVID! However, we are starting to think of alternative locations and are thinking Italy. We went to Lake Garda last year and thoroughly enjoyed it so are thinking of returning to Italy. My teenage daughters have asked for somewhere near a beach/coast. Has anyone got any ideas? I have visited Sorrento with friends and loved it and that is near the coast, so could be an option and would love to visit Capri and see the Amalfi coast.

I have been trying to find airports/airlines that fly direct to Naples? We live in South Wales, so Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham or Heathrow would be best but I can’t seem to find which airlines fly from any of these.

Would love to hear of any ideas, including nice areas to stay/accommodation.
Thank you all.

Edited at 03:50 PM.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

It’s many years ago since I went but Lido di Jesolo is a beach holiday resort and very close to Venice for sightseeing. I can’t really remember much about it but I know I enjoyed the holiday. !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Thank you haven’t thought about Lido at all. Will take a look.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

We got back from Sorrento two weeks ago, it was wonderful. I definitely appreciated my holiday more than ever this year! I am planning to go back next September with DH, I went with DD this year as DH is still not back to work and could be called back at anytime so couldn’t risk a trip 🙄

We flew Easy Jet from Gatwick to Naples. BA were flying Heathrow to Naples but pulled all flights two days before we booked. Looking at next year it looks like they are flying from Gatwick.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Sorrento is gorgeous and think it would be perfect. I didn’t have enough time there last time, as went on a girlie holiday and only stayed 4 nights. When I’ve looked I think TUI and easy jet go from Bristol, so I’m hoping that will be perfect for us as only an hourish away from home. I’m just dubious about booking anything atm.
Old 6 Oct 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

We went to Sorrento with Tui in August and it was basically the best holiday ever!
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
We went to Sorrento with Tui in August and it was basically the best holiday ever!
Did you have children with you? Did they enjoy? We have 2 teenage daughters, aged 16 and 15.
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

When are you planning on going? Jet2 flies to Naples but not over the winter months. Their flights start again from March/April next year. You can get flights from Birmingham starting in April.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

We love Sorrento but I wouldn’t describe it as a beach holiday although it’s on the coast. There’s loads to do and fantastic places to see but it depends on your kids and what they enjoy. I’d describe it as quite “grown up”. It really is the most picturesque area I’ve ever been - stunning
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

We went to Sorrento last summer for ten nights with DD15 and DS18 and they loved it. Our hotel pool was huge and almost empty most days and most people seemed to use it as a base so we had a few relaxing pool afternoons. They loved Pompeii having learnt about it at school and loved the different restaurants. They did find it a bit too hot sometimes tho being out in the heat for hours when we visited anywhere. DD went to Lake Garda with the school a couple of years earlier and absolutely loved it there and the photos looked amazing
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List