Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Dec 20, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bb123
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I had a refund in sept for my 2019 passes which expired in March 2020 for a £150ish which was unexpected as April 2019 and Nov 2019 trips had about 28 days use.
Problem I have is I renewed both my passes in Feb 20 for my Mar 20 trip which also would cover my nov 20 trip which obviously both got cancelled.
I had been phoning and emailing/chat from March to cancel and got nowhere until the official options in July to cancel and refund the unused ticket.
I got an email confirming the cancellation of tickets but still no refund.
Disney have just got back stating the cancellation wasn't logged properly yet I have the confirmation email!
I have a number to call them again but already spent about £60 on call costs.
So frustrating nearly £2000 out of pocket on useless renewal certificates and terrible customer service.
Bb123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bb123 View Post
I had a refund in sept for my 2019 passes which expired in March 2020 for a £150ish which was unexpected as April 2019 and Nov 2019 trips had about 28 days use.
Problem I have is I renewed both my passes in Feb 20 for my Mar 20 trip which also would cover my nov 20 trip which obviously both got cancelled.
I had been phoning and emailing/chat from March to cancel and got nowhere until the official options in July to cancel and refund the unused ticket.
Disney have just got back stating the cancellation wasn't logged properly yet I have the confirmation email!
So frustrating nearly £2000 out of pocket on useless renewal certificates and terrible customer service.
Absolute nightmare. Have you tried phoning using the number on here that allows you to call other numbers at a lower rate? Not great but at least it might help. I'm still waiting on a refund so you aren't alone but I know mine is at least cancelled according to the email people
Old 7 Dec 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

If you have not actually activated your renewal certificate could you have just kept it and activated it when you do eventually go? This way you would lock in the previous price paid.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bb123

Hi Gismo, I also have email confirming thevpasses are cancelled from July yet they haven't been for some reason?
I will try the cheap call numbers tomorrow as the chat online options also gone now using a vpn.

Bighal
I did try to keep the renewal certificates as open tickets but was informed by Disney this wasn't possible and they would automatically activate once my current passes expired.Tickets are showing on mde as renewal certificates valid until 2030 so would be ideal just to keep them until the next visit but Disney said not possible.
Old 8 Dec 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn’t even receive a cancellation email. Will need to call them today and see where these cheques are
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Welsh_Dragon
Proud to wear my Ears

0800 169 0730
You can call this free phone Disney international number and speak to Guest Services, Ticket Services, the Passholder line etc., free of charge. The departments obviously are working US hours.
Welsh_Dragon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Its a very odd process this and I feel people just aren't actually doing what should be done. My pass disappeared off my account in September and still no sign of anything. They claimed it could take 2 cycles for the cheque to be issued but it seems like its been longer.
Old 9 Dec 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bb123

Spoke to disney today and they haven't processed the refund at all. They did offer to keep the renewal certificates open until I return and scan in at which point they will be active for the full 12 months.
Went with this option as originally what I wanted to do but was told I would have to have a refund previously by Disney.
Got a reference number which is accessible by all guest services.int he parks and also marked my account with the details.
Let's hope it all works when we can finally get back!
Old 10 Dec 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Spoke to disney today and they haven't processed the refund at all. They did offer to keep the renewal certificates open until I return and scan in at which point they will be active for the full 12 months.
Went with this option as originally what I wanted to do but was told I would have to have a refund previously by Disney.
Got a reference number which is accessible by all guest services.int he parks and also marked my account with the details.
Let's hope it all works when we can finally get back!
Fingers crossed! I would have happily done this too but option wasn't given and they have definitely cancelled mine just still waiting on actual refund
Old 10 Dec 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I called them yesterday. They are now saying to me it’s January I will receive them
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List