Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Dec 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
Yes, I got this email too, this is what got me thinking

These seem to the the handheld versions, I think we would prefer the console

Just looking for something to keep us occupied!

Thank you for all you kind messages this year Colette, means a lot, wishing you and yours a safe and peaceful Christmas X x
The lite is a handheld one person console. So everyone would need their own unit.

With the switch you can play it as a handheld, or on TV, each side of the unit slide off to give two handsets.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
It comes with two controllers, however make sure you buy the Switch, and not the Switch Lite.

The former can be played handheld, however the two controllers are detachable for when you connect it to your TV. The Lite can only be played handheld.

Mario Kart remains a classic two-player game that you'll get numerous hours of fun from.
Thank you Bozza

Any pointers on exactly what I need to buy? I can see on Argos that I can purchase the console, also there is a pack of two steering wheels...

Are the controllers rechargeable?

There's also a few bundles on Currys...

Nothing like a last bit of Xmas panic buying

Thanks again.

Ali x

Edited at 02:10 PM.
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Ali have you thought about just getting the Wii back out and playing the old games? We have a Wii and WiiU and we'll probably play Toy Story mania, Mario party 9, mario kart and Wii party over Xmas.
Old 18 Dec 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
rudie111
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Ali have you thought about just getting the Wii back out and playing the old games? We have a Wii and WiiU and we'll probably play Toy Story mania, Mario party 9, mario kart and Wii party over Xmas.
We got the old wii out during lockdown. Our 7 year old loves it.

She has also ploughed 100s of hours into animal crossing!
rudie111 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

You don't really need much other than the console and a couple of games to start with.

You can get eshop cards which you can use for purchasing games online - you can also use them to pay for the online subscription - easy way to add an extra gift to open

It can be worth getting a screen protector and maybe a case to keep it in esp if its going to be used handheld at all. argos have some basic ones on offer really cheap.
The steering wheels are a bonus if your playing racing games plus it makes it a little easier to hold the remotes - they are pretty small but not essential.

The ring fit bundle is probably one of the best at the moment as you don't really save much on the others as the games are cheaper - it may work out better to buy the console and the games you want seperately.

You will probably need a memory card at some point when you do its def worth paying the extra to get the one designed for the switch though may be worth waiting till after xmas as they have just gone back up to full price

Asda had some of the newer mario games on offer for £35 last week
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Good advice above.

The other thing to add, is that if you buy as a present, take it out of the box before the big day, power it up and set it up.

Nothing more annoying than receiving a new console as a gift and then having to wait hours for it to download lots of updates before you can play with it!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

How old is your DD? Mine is 11 and loves Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Just Dance.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Thanks all.

I've ordered one

Don't know what's got into me this week, I've made a couple of impulsive purchases

It's a 'family' present so we won't wait until Xmas day to open it, we can crack on and get it set up as soon as it arrives!

Thanks all for your input

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
How old is your DD? Mine is 11 and loves Animal Crossing, Splatoon and Just Dance.
DD is 14 almost 15 but she mentioned the Animal Crossing game. I've ordered Lego Incredibles and Disney Tsum Tsum to get us started... we can always look to get a couple more games once we've got our heads around the console...

Ali x
Old 18 Dec 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Great stuff - enjoy!

Keep an eye on this for games that are on offer that might appeal - hotukdeals/tag/switch-game - you can get some surprisingly decent game downloaded direct from the Nintendo store for just a few pounds.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List