Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 10 Dec 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
I thought the only way to get Club level was to "walk the reservation" and that is typically frowned upon by most members. I have never walked a reservation but I also have never gotten club level.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
That's why I said it will be a struggle to find availability, I've been lucky enough to stay there a few times, the first was back in the day in a 1 bed when it was easier to get as people weren't walking reservations and more recently I managed to find a few days that must have literally just got cancelled as previously there wasn't anything available.

Edited at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
I'm basing this comment entirely on pre-covid club level as I haven't been since. I think if you're the type who orders in groceries and mainly cooks in your villa, who takes packed lunch to the park, and who only has the occasional meal out with little alcohol then it would be hard to get your monies worth. A lot of people do it very differently, and I think the $180 could be a bargain for some. If you consider the cost, even for just a couple, of two breakfasts, a takeaway coffee, afternoon snacks and ice cream, bottles of water and cans of coke, and two evening meals with a couple of glasses of wine each and a couple of night caps to take back to your room then this is a really good deal! It's also nice to not have to worry about the tip.
We would have coffee / snacks : ice cream but in the parks. Club doesn’t get you any food or snacks in the parks does it ?

Personally if I had the points I’d have some nights in a 1 bed. We love the space / kitchen / laundry.

Edited at 05:48 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We would have coffee / snacks : ice cream but in the parks. Club doesn’t get you any food or snacks in the parks does it ?

Personally if I had the points I’d have some nights in a 1 bed. We love the space / kitchen / laundry.
No unfortunately Club level doesn’t get you anything in the parks and depending what time you arrive back at the AKV resort there might not be anything available.

We managed to get a CL studio once for 5 nights but it was hard work to get the nights, had to keep checking for weeks after booking window opened to get them.

Like you I feel it is better value to use the points for a 1 bed villa.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
POR34
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've stayed CL at AKL using points as we own at Kidani so it's relatively easy to get at 11 months.
I wouldn't do CL until it's up and running fully but our last stay was fab. I love breakfast as it's really relaxing and the snacks through the day have certainly improved. Last time we were there they had soup available every day. It's enough for me to snack on.
We also love 5pm onwards and always try to be there to have a few glasses of wine! The staff were so good and poured me a couple of extra to take back to the room for when we returned later.
We like the convenience of club level and the convenience of nipping to the lounge through the day. All the DVC rooms are on the same floor as the lounge and none of the rooms are far away.
POR34 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by POR34 View Post
We also love 5pm onwards and always try to be there to have a few glasses of wine! The staff were so good and poured me a couple of extra to take back to the room for when we returned later.
This seems like the perfect perk.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 3 Jan 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I too have a reservation for CL at AKV in a studio for July this year but just for 1 night. Disney have confirmed that if the club/concierge service is not available, they will refund all additional points.

That won't make a big difference to us as we stand to lose them in September 21 if we cannot use them in July 21!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List