Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jan 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Easter flights still not cancelled

Hi
Just after a bit of advice.. we are booked with virgin 20/3/21 I have been in touch and all they can tell me is that the flight is still going ahead 😬 surely this isn’t going to happen? My problem is my two hotels are wanting the final balance next week, I really don’t want to pay if we are not going. Also I don’t really want to go with the park restrictions etc.. in place. 😔
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

It’s probably still too early for March flight cancellations.

I wouldn’t pay the balance on anything else.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Our February BA flights to LA haven't been cancelled but I fully expect them to be.

Can you cancel your hotel and re-book the same or another hotel on a 'pay on arrival, free cancellation' rate? Just on the off chance you can go.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I honestly think if they can get you there for Easter they will.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Virgin are currently hoping to resume flights to MCO on the 18th March from both London (Heathrow) and Manchester. Obviously, a few things need to happen before the flights can resume...

1. USA lifts the travel ban on UK Citizens
2. MCO needs to be added to the list of US gateway airports for international arrivals
& for the flight to have a decent passenger load...
3. FCO Travel advisory needs to be lifted

I can't see all 3 happening by Easter personally, so I would start planning on when you may want to rebook for.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Haven’t the UK Government been saying that things will be very much back to normal by Easter? Not sure if it’s the same in US though
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Haven’t the UK Government been saying that things will be very much back to normal by Easter?
That was Boris last week. Looks very unlikely at the moment sadly based on comments by Nick Hancock this weekend.

We have a trip to Cyprus at the end of May so I’m hoping for some sort of normality returning very quickly!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Haven’t the UK Government been saying that things will be very much back to normal by Easter? Not sure if it’s the same in US though
Not intending to be political in any way... but didn't the Government suggest the lockdown would only be for 3 or 4 weeks last March?

The only truthful thing they can say is that they don't know how long this will all go on for. Sure, things look good on the vaccine front - but it's going to take several months to vaccinate everyone who wants it. The daily figures we see in the news speak for themselves.

Over in the USA, the figures are worse (but obviously a much larger population). I can see the new President treading very cautiously.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

BA are cancelling up to mid Feb in alignment with the current lockdown and travel restrictions put in place by the government.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
That was Boris last week. Looks very unlikely at the moment sadly based on comments by Nick Hancock this weekend.

We have a trip to Cyprus at the end of May so I’m hoping for some sort of normality returning very quickly!
They think it’s all over...it isn’t
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List