Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Oct 10, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Bones78
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

That was good, can we ride again - Day 4

Day Four - Monday, 4th October 2010
Epcot

Our early start consisted of a timeshare talk in order to get cheaper Pirate Dinner Show tickets . After getting the hard sell from the timeshare man - Bill who showed us round a very nice resort and told us wonderful things. His smile vanished when we told him that we would need to think about it some more before signing away any savings. Was it worth it - not sure, it was an hour and a half of our time to save $140+ - you decide?!?

Arrived at Epcot at just after 10am, got some photopass snaps done.

Whilst I went to get fast passes for Soarin, the others joined the queue at the character spot. I joined them there a short time later, whilst skipping the queue to join my family I noticed that the Americans were all "sure no problem" when I explained I was just joining my family - the Brits were more daggers in my back looks whilst I passed. That doesn't say much for us does it?!?

After meeting and greeting Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Goofy we were off to Mexico via a stall selling hats (Ethan got a Pluto hat and Chloe got some more Minnie ears = $41.43, courtesy of Dad).

We went on the little boat ride and enjoyed the atmosphere. Brian and the kids ordered meals from the little cafe - Chloe didn't like her meal to I ate some of it . We walked on to Norway and China. We went into the film for China which I enjoyed and then tried our hand at plate spinning.

In Africa we tried to make some music with the drums before giving up and the girl got a hotdog seeing as she missed her lunch earlier. The boy had an ice-cream which melted quicker than he could eat it.

We headed back for Soarin (getting fast passes for Test Track on the way) which we all really enjoyed. After Soarin we went on the Living with the Land (stopping for candyfloss on the way) then on to The Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk with Crush which again was really good fun. This was an interactive show and was a lot of fun for both kids and adults alike.

Test Track was another first for us all and we really liked it, though kids were a little apprehensive about the speed of the car and whether the brakes were going to work!

After Test Track hubby and the girl went on Mission Space (Green Team) which only had a 10 min stand by wait time. As the boy was too small he spent some time getting wet waiting for the others.

After a few minutes sitting in the shade we went back to World Showcase, going clockwise this time.

We got as far as Canada, watched the Scots-Canadian band Off-Kilter for a while until they started playing things we didn't know then watched the 360 degree film here. It was now around tea-time and the girl was getting a little grumpy due to the heat, feeling hungry and not getting her own way at all times :angry:.

We decided to leave World Showcase to finish another day and head on home. We got as far as Spaceship Earth which had no wait time at all so decided to go in. We really liked it here and spent quite some time after the ride playing about with all the games and stuff afterwards. When we came outside it had gotten dark - it was 7.45pm! We left the park before it got busy with people coming in to watch Illuminations.

We stopped at Subway on the way back for a late snack tea and headed to bed to get a good nights sleep.

Todays main spends:
La Cantina - Nachos and 2 x kids meals, kids choc milk = $30.77
Subway - Veg & Cheese footlong, Roast Chicken footlong, Tuna 6" and bag of chips = $15.34
Sorry - no other receipts for today but I imagine the hotdog and ice-cream in Epcot was no more than $10.

That was good, can we ride again 2010 Trip Report Index
Villa - Championsgate Oct 2008
Villa - Highgate Park Oct 2010

Edited at 06:37 PM.
Bones78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 10, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day and lovely pics
Old 30 Oct 10, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day and pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 10, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

love the pictures of epcot at night.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 10, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bones78

Hubby is a bit of a photo geek, everything has to be just right lol. I have to admit they have came out well though.

Bones78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 10, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
liverbird
VIP Dibber

Lovely day at Epcot!
Old 31 Oct 10, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post

I loved those little lights in the pathway (easily pleased I know) wondering if I can get those in my garden path
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 10, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

love epcot great pics
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 10, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
happy08
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day and pictures

WDW - April 2008 (AS MOVIES), October 2008 (Renaissance), July 2011 - 3 weeks (AKL, HRH), August 2013 - 3.5 weeks (OKW, LRP, Renaissance), August 2015 (CBR). October 2015 (HRH), Aug 2017 (YC, LRP), July 2019 (AKL + LRP), February 2020 (AS MUSIC)
happy08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 10, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bones78

Originally Posted by MorayFirth View Post
I loved those little lights in the pathway (easily pleased I know) wondering if I can get those in my garden path
How cool would that be