Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 24 Jan 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Thanks! Will try tonight
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
What does everyone use (FREE!) to access US websites that otherwise divert you to the UK version when it checks your location services (i.e Amercrombie.com re-routes to UK one)

I used to use a few random sites (hide my ass etc) which now seem to be chargeable, a few free ones I found don't work as they just don't seem to load the website (could be to do with my provider blocking it, Sky)

TIA
If you haven't done so already remove the Sky Shield from your hub (either call or do it yourself through the Mysky app)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
If you haven't done so already remove the Sky Shield from your hub (either call or do it yourself through the Mysky app)
I thought I had already done that, but come to think of it, it might have been on my old one I did it, I will check the setting of that tonight, thanks for the heads up!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I thought I had already done that, but come to think of it, it might have been on my old one I did it, I will check the setting of that tonight, thanks for the heads up!
Tech is open til 11pm (guess who is on a late shift lol)
Takes about 20 mins for it to fully remove once you've changed the settings so don't assume it isn't that if it doesn't work straightaway.

Edited at 02:29 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Tech is open til 11pm (guess who is on a late shift lol)
Takes about 20 mins for it to fully remove once you've changed the settings so don't assume it isn't that if it doesn't work straightaway.
Ha unlucky for you, hope it is an easy shift for you!

I will do it when I get home, that way when I finally get aound to trying th VPNs then it should have gone off.

Still need to contact them about my 10MB of disappearing BB Speed

EDITED TO ADD : I have just looked in the App and when I go to the manage my Sky Talk Shield, there is an option to "Activate Talk Shield" so I assume it's alread De-Activated

Edited at 02:43 PM.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

well I downloaded Chrome and Hola and got it working but I can't get on to the abercrombie.com website.

I checked disney.com to make sure it was working OK and it was, took me to the US site without re-direct but it just wont load up the abercrombie one - it tries for ages then eventually get the "time out trying to connect to this address" message.

Can someone else try the abercrombie.com site for me and see if it works through the Hola VPN. I can't understand why Disney US site works but not Abercrombie!
Old 25 Jan 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Sometimes it doesn't always redirect you to the American site.
If you highlight the little app then you can click what country to view the site from

Have you tried that?
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KymmieAKiss View Post
Sometimes it doesn't always redirect you to the American site.
If you highlight the little app then you can click what country to view the site from

Have you tried that?
yes it's definitley browsing it from America as it's got an american flag and say connected - plus when I changed it i was viewing my IP and it did change! Just checked again, can access disney US and browse the shop and it's in $$ but the Amerbrombie site still says this

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.abercrombie.com/shop/wd" on this server.
Reference #18.af254b8.1516913964.7b7d614
strange
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

This popped up when I was doing a google search so thought I would ask again!

I'm trying to get on the Abercrombie US website, but it doesn't seem to work. I have a VPN app that I use for things like this, but it still doesn't work then.

Has anyone had any luck successfully getting on to the website? I used to be able to get on it a few years ago to order things in advance to the hotel, but not able to now, and I was wanting to check the price of something compared to the UK website!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Some websites do block access from some VPN server add8rss especially if they get alot from that address. Try accessing the VPN from a different server if you can.
I use NordVPN which is paid for but even that gets blocked occasionally but a quick change of server fixes that.

We used to use the free VPNs but they cause so much trouble and very slow so we just paid for one.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List