Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Oct 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyxxSarah
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDW with baby - are rides actually all ages/heights

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked, i did do a forum search but couldn't find the answer.

We have missed out on so much with our 8 month old this year and just want to get away for her first birthday in Jan 2021 as we can't have a party or anything. It's more about making memories for my husband and I as we know she won't understand or remember any of it!

The WDW website says the vast majority of rides have no height minimum and are suitable for all ages. Is this actually the case, can we physically take a 1 year old on all these rides on our lap? I understand some might be dark inside or scare her, do you know of any we should
def avoid?

disneyworld/faq/pa...-requirements/

Many thanks
Sarah

Many thanks
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

I have taken babies at 6 weeks, 12months, 15 months and just over 2. I took them on anything without a height requirement. It wasn't until my daughter was 2 that she became wary and we avoided Haunted Mansion. The characters proved to be more of an issue than the attractions!

ETA: She's a cutie!

Edited at 08:33 PM.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyxxSarah
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
I have taken babies at 6 weeks, 12months, 15 months and just over 2. I took them on anything without a height requirement. It wasn't until my daughter was 2 that she became wary and we avoided Haunted Mansion. The characters proved to be more of an issue than the attractions!

ETA: She's a cutie!
Ah amazing, thanks for the info! Did you find they adjusted ok after the flight and settled into a sleep routine ok?

Awww thank you! She is a cutie, but obviously i'm biased!
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Just to add, my daughter doesn't remember anything before she was 3(she was lucky enough to go for her 1st, 3rd and 4th birthdays. School has put an end to that though ) Although she doesn't remember, we certainly do and I wouldn't change those trips for anything. It's wonderful seeing them interact with the characters and be fascinated by their surroundings. Lovely memories to cherish forever
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyxxSarah View Post
Ah amazing, thanks for the info! Did you find they adjusted ok after the flight and settled into a sleep routine ok?

Awww thank you! She is a cutie, but obviously i'm biased!
They've both woken up a little early the first couple of days but have soon adjusted. The early waking is good as you're ready for rope drop and you don't mind as you're so happy to be there.
Coming home is a different matter though and we've all suffered terribly for a few days with jet lag no matter how much we try and get back on UK time.
Old 6 Oct 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Yes you can take a baby on 90% of rides. We took our DD at 3
Months and she came on most rides with us.

One thing we had to watch out for was her falling asleep about 3pm which would be 8pm at home. We realised she was out for the night! So ended up waking her up when she tried to nap around that time. And after a few days she was on a more normal schedule.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Family trip to Disney - with niece age 1. She went on:
Pirates of the Caribbean
It’s a small world (loved it - smiles, clapped all the way round - cried when it ended)
Dumbo, Rockets, Aladdin Carpets
The car one (Autopia in DLP - forget WDW name!)
Obviously fine on Jungle Cruise, the treehouse
Haunted Mansion - similar time poster above, at about 2 she became very aware and found it scary as a theme
Tea cups she loved
Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh!
Ariel
Buzz Lightyear Lazor Spin
And the slow movers in other parks - pretty certain she went on Spaceship Earth, definitely Nemo...
I think it was only Hollywood Studios where there was generally less for her to do as a baby - the rides there are generally more extreme - she could do Toy Story (the point scoring one - I can’t think!) but obviously couldn’t do Slinky, there was no Galaxy Edge at this point, obviously couldn’t to ToT or RnRC bit seemed happy enough at shows!
Don’t forget to use the line hopping for families (another system name I can’t think of!) I mean when you get a pass from the Cast Member at the start of the line so that you and other family members don’t have to queue twice when you have a baby or young child. It’s a pass for two or 3 people to come back later and not queue again so everyone can ride.

I can’t answer for jet lag on return because I didn’t have to deal with that but it was a bit trial and error for the first few days with naps etc and not letting her fall asleep too early. I think initially we allowed a longer midday nap instead of afternoon in order to shift her body clock enough. We also found the fireworks would wake her up if she drifted off!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

As others have said most rides are no problem. Its characters that can scare them more at that age just be prepared to go with the flow and adapt accordingly.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List