Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Safest airline to book with right now

I know we can never been 100% sure especially at the moment - but who do you think would be a good option with booking with... going to book direct with the airline
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would probably go with BA. They've been the best with their refund process and you could put a deposit down with them (if you book a nights hotel somewhere or a days car hire for example. Plus they've been the cheapest for a lot of people!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We use BA most of the time now. I feel very confident with them and I have had some cancellations this year that they handled very well. Like everyone says as well, use a credit card for extra protection for your money.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
BA for us, they have been brilliant with refunds/vouchers and I have re-booked with them for next year and like others say you can just book with a deposit. 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
spinone lover
Excited about Disney

BA for us ,they have been brilliant throughout this year with changing flights and refunds.
spinone lover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another vote for ba 😁
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

BA have been brilliant for us
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I always book direct with airlines, these days. Their are IMO two facets to the question, namely
1. Are they resilient enough to survive.
2. In the event of further cancellations, will they behave honourably and lawfully, refunding rather than issuing credit notes.

BA.
They refunded me (and thousands of others) within days in March and within the very clear laws relating to this matter.
They are the state flag carrier and I cannot envisage any circumstances under which the government would allow BA (or rather IAG) to fail.

I would be equally confident of other airlines, Delta, United and American Airlines (who also refunded me very promptly in August).

I would not have the same confidence in the following.

Norwegian are clearly still in very deep trouble and talking of retreating their route map back into a regional one as in the conditions of the Norwegian government bail out. It’s a shame, because I do like flying with them.

Virgin, who’s behaviour and law breaking as well as obfuscation and delay have been disgusting. I also do not believe that their bail out will be sufficient to carry them through in the event that things have not improved by Easter 2021. I honestly do not believe that they are much better than an even bet and in any case would not use them because of the way that they have treated customers.

Air France/KLM, who have also ignored the Law and bluntly refused to refund, offering only credit notes, probably a safe bet, but in no way worthy of my custom.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:23 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Same as everyone else, BA. They refunded me without issue twice this year, have a generous reschedule policy up to the end of August next year as well. I've actually booked with then again for next September so outside of the current voucher scheme time frame, but my experience with them this year gave me confidence to book with them anyway, I don't think I would have booked with anyone else yet.
Ben1993 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 20, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I am planning to use Aer Lingus. They are Ireland's flag carrier and I cant imagine they will fail.

I wont be spending cash with Virgin any time soon after their behaviour in past months but if the opportunity is there to run my flyer miles down, I will book with them.

I would also use most main US carriers. And possibly BA.

And will be booking directly with the airline (I never liked using third parties).
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List