Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jan 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Priority seating for hotel guests at select restaurants in the parks and city walk is shown on the universal website as a perk of staying onsite and works the same way as a Landry’s card does at Bubba Gumps
The last time I utilised it was 2018 as had no need in 2019 as restaurants were all walk ups
A quick google check comes up with various sites confirming this and listing the restaurants included
This may not be in operation now due to Covid but Universals website still lists it as a onsite perk
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Derbydave4 View Post
You just need to show your room key to get priority seating at a number of restaurants at city walk if you are staying in one of the three premier universal hotels ( although this was pre/covid so not sure at the moment if this is still the case)
Though as we were told when we turned up at hard Rock Cafe without a reservation at Easter ... "honey, everyone in the line is staying in one of our hotels"
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Margaritaville
Margaritaville
Margaritaville 😊
This, this, and thrice this (is that six, or nine?)

Went in our '18 trip ostensibly for a beer/cocktail and nachos on the walk back to Royal Pacific, ended up staying for full on meals, and plenty more drinks: great food, chilled atmosphere.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Just a note to thank all the posters - we're hoping to do our first on site stay at Universal this year so this is much appreciated
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Mythos
Toothsome
Hard Rock
Old 16 Jan 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
For us - and you will eat more than three times :-) we would recommend ( I have a fish allergy so we don't do Bubba Gumps or Cow Fish but I hear great things from both of them).

CityWalk
Big Fire - great fun
Margarittaville - you get a different experience inside and on the porch
Toothsome - for a late dessert, which are huge and great value for theme park food.
Coldstone Creamery/Menchies for snacks

Inside the parks
Backwater Bar (IAO) - small but perfectly formed
San Fran Pastry Company (US)
Finnegans (US)

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Please can people stop mentioning Toothsome. It sounds fantastic and when I check the menus it just makes me feel hungry!

I hope we get to try it in October.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

NBC is about the only restaurant I could recommend.

The rest are pretty average with Mythos being a rip off and not deserving of the best theme park restaurant award they some how got.

I really didn't like Toothsome either but the kids enjoyed it for some reason.

Never tried Hard Rock but reading other peoples reviews and having been to quite a few of them - I reckon that would be a safe bet and is on my list to do next time.

Edited at 08:35 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Last time we went to Vivo and NBC which were decent and Bubba's which I thought was poor, perhaps a bad food choice as previous visits were fine.

Edited at 12:37 PM.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

If you’re looking for quick(er) options, we really like Breadbox in City Walk for sandwiches, tater tots, soups etc and Red Oven Pizza Bakery.
Not been since 2017, so hope they’re still good.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List