Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Oct 10, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bones78
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

That was good, can we ride again - Flight Day

Flight Day - Thursday, 30th September 2010

Up around 6.15am. Showered and ready for 7.10am. The courtesy bus to airport was approximately £10 for return family ticket I think.

Got boarding passes and were through security very quickly. Ethan and I set off the alarm on the way through (think it was my watch) and both had to use the body scanner - nice!

Breakfast at the airport was around £24 for a vegetarian breakfast, full english, 4 x drinks and 2 kids breakfasts using kids eat free vouchers.

Kids waiting to board:

Long flight as you know, kids mostly well behaved. Chloe got chatting to the couple she was sitting beside, they were very nice and had their older son and his girlfriend with them. We watched a mixture of films, programmes and played games. I watched Karate Kid as did the hubby and the boy, the girl watched Letters to Juliet and I also watched The Jones which wasn't brilliant.

Food was ok, the girl didn't eat much cos it was fish fingers and she doesn't like them. I had a bit of bother with my meal, my travel agent had forgotten to order a vegetarian meal and there were no spares. The crew on board were brilliant and supplied me with a banana and crackers until a meal was found that I could eat. Thanks crew

Some pics from our window:

On landing we went into the line for security. We had a brilliant customs officer - he smiled, joked with us all, even stamped my sons bears passport - we were all well chuffed with him. Our cases were on the carousel when we got there and the car seat was sitting at the side so we were through security and out to get the car within about 20 mins of landing.

Bugdet for car hire, tried to upgrade us to a Dodge Charger for $10 extra per day. Said no and were quite happy with our VW Jetta, had plenty of room for our family of 4 and our luggage and a really good satellite radio (according to the hubby).

Found the villa eventually (sat nav and hubby took a little while to get to know each other again). We had 4 bedrooms, a pool, a games room - really nice and clean. We were staying in Highgate Park, Villages of Legacy Park, US27 - would definitely stay here again.

Car and villa:

The girl chose tea - McDonalds at Championsgate. Price $16 approx for 2 happy meals, burger meal and caramel frappa (I love McDonalds in America)

Publix for some essentials (beer and breakfast) - Price $42 approx.

Than home for some shut eye.

That was good, can we ride again 2010 Trip Report Index
Villa - Championsgate Oct 2008
Villa - Highgate Park Oct 2010

Edited at 05:55 PM.
Bones78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 10, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Nice start... villa looks nice
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 10, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Flight sounds good, always nice to have a stress free travel day!

Your villa looks lovely, and the car looks good. Though I think my DH could have been tempted by the Charger!

Looking forward to the rest!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 10, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Great day - and I would have had the charger. Had one last year and it was lovely to drive, would definitely have one again!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 10, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Nice smooth journey out. Looking forward to reading more.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 10, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great travel day
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 10, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

Ahhh kids look so happy. Looking forward to reading some more.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 10, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great travel day, villa looks nice
Old 10 Nov 10, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Brillant start kids smiles are priceless L
Old 10 Nov 10, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Good start off to read some more.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List