Old 9 Nov 10, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bones78
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

That was good, can we ride again - Day 13

Day Thirteen - Wednesday, 13th October 2010
Pool Morning and Magic Kingdom
Last Full Day

We spent a lazy morning in the pool and had lunch at the villa before heading to Magic Kingdom. Got some packing done and tidied up a little. The boy was now getting my cold so got some medicine to nip it in the bud before it turned into a full out cold.

We got parked up and got the monorail to Magic Kingdom.

Got some more photopass shots taken today. Got the train round to Splash Mountain to get a fastpass before heading round to get something to eat in Tomorrowland for the hubby (yes, we had ALL had lunch before we left the villa )

Went on Stitch, Monster Inc then headed back to Splash for our FP (getting some FPs for Space Mountain and Buzz for us later).

Just a side note at this point. As you probably know Monsters Inc is interactive, there are cameras aimed at the audience for audience participation. Last time we were there in 2008 my brother was called upon to act as "Sully". He doesn't do public displays and was mortified, which obviously added to everyone elses entertainment . Well this time it was my turn, only it isn't just a camera now, there is a castmember with a microphone . I was called upon to tell a joke (not my forte at the best of times never mind under a spotlight) Needless to say it was humerous for all apart from me, I'm sure the colour of my face blended well with the red top I was wearing

Anyhoo, everyone loved Splash and wanted to ride again but the stand by line was over an hour so we went round via Aladdin (Ethan wanted to ride this and as the parade was on there wasn't a huge queue) and after that I went for a famous dole whip before heading round for our fastpass time. I had an Orange Dole Whip - reminded me of orange sherbet.

The girl and I went on Space Mountain at the same time as hubby and the boy went on Buzz.

First time I've had to queue outside for a fast pass line. The girl really liked this and would have ridden again but standby line was really long. When we came out it was getting darker so we went and got some nice shots of the castle before heading through Fantasyland and a trip with Pooh then going to Peco Bills to get the kids some food (terrible parents - they had been snacking and weren't hungry til after 7pm).

As the kids ate we watched some of the light parade and then tried to get out of the park and onto the monorail (or at least the queue) for the fireworks. This is where Disney let us down. I don't know why they can't rope off areas like they do for the parade for the fireworks. We could hardly move through the crowds - I had to carry the boy so he wouldn't be trampled on (just as well he's small for his age). We missed most of the fireworks, just catching the end as we got on the Ferry. Disappointed as I really wanted that to be our last bit of the magic for this holiday but it was my own bad planning so hey-ho.

A mixture of happiness and sadness filled the car on the way back to the villa. It has been a nice last day but knowing our holiday was almost over was almost too much to bear

Going to bed with only happy memories on our mind:

Spends for today:
Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe - Cheese burger & fries, 4 x sodas, chocolate cake = $22.63
Aloha Isle - Orange Dole Whip = $3.40
Pecos Bills - kids cheeseburger, kids turkey sandwich, chocolate cake, soda and coffee = $19.02

That was good, can we ride again 2010 Trip Report Index
Villa - Championsgate Oct 2008
Villa - Highgate Park Oct 2010
Bones78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 10, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

great day - been a great trippie report L
Old 6 Dec 10, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great last full day at MK!

Gorgeous photo of the castle at the end there!

xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 11, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wonderful final photo - looks so pretty

* Orlando: 2006/2007/2010/2014/2016/2017/2018/2019
+ new booking Apr/May 2022

* New York/Orlando mix: 2012

* New York: May 2015/Dec 2021
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List