Notices

Old 9 Aug 15, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Jon & Emz Food Trippie

Bbq crate sharer for two people from airport pub at Manchester. We both really enjoyed this,

Jordan had the atc stack burger, he again found it really nice and ate it all

Not bad, the total bill came to £35.

Styal service air lounge breakfast.

VA Premium economy lunch menu

Premium economy - beef in peppercorn sauce.

Another angle

Snacks

Afternoon tea - a choice of sweet chilli chicken or cheese wraps.

Nom nom!

Sweets before landing.

Lolly mid afternoon.

Applebee's - JD frozen Lynchburg lemonade, strawberry lime margarita and a Long Island iced tea.

Onion rings starter in the 2 for $20 deal

Riblets and fries

Chicken tenders

Bourbon street chicken & shrimp with sautéed red potato

Mmm breakfast.

The three broomsticks

Frozen butterbeer

Regular

Dipping dots - first is cookie dough. Second is banana split and the third is cookies and cream.

Burger King double whopper with bacon

Bit of a dirty evening meal, BK in city walk, we were tired and couldn't really be bothered waiting for a table anywhere sober ended up here.

Nothing too exciting for breakfast today, just fruit salad and a croissant from the Rosen inn shop for DW and DS. I finished off a punnet of blueberries from Walgreens we purchased the night we arrived.

Ice cream from diagon alley

Butterbeer soft serve

Apple crumble and sticky toffee pudding.

Chilli chocolate and strawberry & peanut butter.

2x krusty burgers and a "clogged". Beer is a regular Duff.

Mmmm donut

Bubba Gumps, corona-rita and a blue Hawaiian

Forests seafood sampler

Captains fish & chips

Cinnabon

Pecanbon

IHOP split decision breakfast combo, banana + Nutella crepe combo with hash brown and bacon. Lastly a waffle convo with scramble and pork sausage.

Premium outlets I-drive food court. This is teriyaki chicken and noodles from the Japan cafe.

Wolfgang puck express at DTD - bacon wrapped meatloaf, chicken meatballs & spaghetti and rotisserie chicken and mash.

Also has a brownie in the pic which DS and DW had as desert.

I had the vanilla cheesecake

Be our guest breakfast

Sorry it may be a little out of focus

Old Port Royale food court @ Caribbean Beach Resort.

First is Mojo pork with cornbread, green beans and broccoli. And the second is the staple Disney Angus bacon cheese burger.

Deserts are a worms and dirt chocolate desert and a monkey cupcake. The cupcake was a chocolate sponge with a banana pudding centre and peanut butter frosting

Not exactly the healthiest breakfast from the Trolley Car Cafe (aka Starbucks) at HS.

First is a chocolate chip cookie, second is a chocolate croissant and finally a trenta key lime cooler.

All three were snack credits.

Sunshine seasons - turkey & Monterey Jack cheese sandwich, pork chop with cheddar mash & bbq sauce on the side and Mongolia beef with vegetable rice.

Deserts are key lime pie, chocolate chip muffin and strawberry shortcake.

Epcot snacks- Japan pavilion kaki-gori (shaved ice) with mandarin, strawberry and melon flavourings. Also a frozen kirin beer.

Epcot rained out so we headed back to Caribbean beach and ordered a large pizza for two QS meal credits and a Caesar salad between the three of us. There was loads and we could have just fine with the pizza.
As there were three meal credits used in total we had three deserts and three bottles of water for tomorrow.

Pineapple upside down cake

Cheesecake

Caesar salad

This morning was a buffet breakfast at Tusker house as a surprise for DS. I didn't get a chance to take a pic of all the stations as it was too busy so unfortunately you'll have to settle for this. Going from top left clockwise we have sweet plantains, spices African corned beef hash with cornbread crust, beef bogardy (African breakfast stew), bacon, red potato wedges, pork sausage patties, ham and cheese frittata, coconut stew, potato hush puppies, breakfast quiche and the pancake like thing is cheese blintz

Snack time at writers stop - carrot cake cookie, vanilla cupcake and chocolate cupcake.

Evening meal at Old Port Royale - baked chicken, rice and broccoli + cornbread. Spaghetti & meatballs and Caribbean salad with shrimp. Deserts were a monkey cupcake, worms & dirt and pineapple cake like the other day.

A little light on food pics today. We started the day at typhoon lagoon only to find that none of the snack places were open so couldn't get anything for breakfast. In the end we waited it out until 11 and had a cookie each and went on to have lunch at typhoon Tilly's mid afternoon. I had the chicken wrap with house chips, DS Had the fish basket and DW had the pulled pork sandwich. Deserts were a fruit cup, cookie (again) and key lime pie.

This evening we visited Wolfgang puck's again. DS and DW had the chicken tenders and I had the BBQ pizza. Deserts were cookie and brownie for DW and DS and I had the crime brûlée.

Epcot fountain view breakfast - cheese Danish

Green tea and strawberry cream trapp

Boardwalk bakery - turkey sandwich and lobster roll, all with chips.

Deserts were an Oreo cupcake, chocolate eclair and a peanut butter alive.

Yesterday's evening meal was a bit of a mismatch. DW was not well so skipped her evening meal and went to bed, while DS and I went over to the CBR food court. DS has the Angus bacon cheeseburger which he'd had previously while I had the Caribbean catch sandwich. Basically this is pieces of white fish with a chipotle mayo. I had a bagel (not pictured) which I left for today but didn't mange to get a pic before it was eaten up.

Today's lunch was from Peco Bills at MK.
DW was still unwell so skipped out on visiting a park with us today. DS had the deluxe chicken sandwich and I had the southwest chicken salad. For desert DS Had a traditional Disney chocolate cake while I swapped mine out for a side. I had the chilli cheese fries, expecting them to be fairly small, only to find it the same size as my entree.

This can also be picked up for a snack credit.

Snacks were from Main Street bakery - strawberry aqai refresher.

And a vanilla bean frapp

Sorry this was the chocolate desert that was supposed to be posted before the Starbucks

Evening meal - ropa veja (Cuban beef) with rice, broccoli, greens beans and cornbread. The boy had pasta and meatballs. Deserts were worms and dirt (I really should try this as he seems to think it's awesome) and I had a brownie. DW skipped this evening meal and had just a fruit cup.

Just found this pic, this is the cookie that we had from fountain view Starbucks yesterday.

MK "breakfast" from gaston' tavern. Warm cinnamon roll, fruit salad and a chocolate croissant.

Be our guest lunch, 3x croquet Monsieur (1 with green beans), a masters cupcake, orange eclair and lemon meringue cupcake.

As we had to wait for our meals, even though we preordered, one of the servers presented us with a gift from the master - 3x bottles of 2015 vintage dasani water

Safari Amber beer @ animal kingdom

So yesterday evening we hit Walmart and got back late, so I went over to old Port Royale and got our meals to go. DW had a chicken burger, I had the surf and turf burger, my first Disney burger if the trip, and DS had an Angus Cheeseburger. We wouldn't normally all eat like this but it was either a choice of burgers or pizza at that time of night in the food court.

Deserts were grapes, fruit cup and worms and dirt.

Breakfast today was last nights fruit, which tided us over until lunch at Columbia harbour house. DS and DW both had the chicken and fish platter, while I had the grilled salmon with broccoli and couscous. Deserts were the staple Disney chocolate cake and a seasonal cobbler for me. The cobbler was basically an apple pie pot with a cinnamon like glaze on top.

Snacks from the plaza ice cream parlour. Ice cream cookie sandwich with cookies & cream ice cream, an all-American sundae with my favourite - PEANUT BUTTER! And finally a two scoop cup with mint chic chip and birthday cake ice cream.

Dinner - karubi style short ribs with corn for me and DW and the chicken breast sandwich for DS.
The only option for desert here was carrot cake or chocolate cake so we had bottled water instead.

Chicken sandwich. Sorry the picture is so dark but Peco bills is not the lightest of dining rooms.

Forgot to add this in from this afternoon. Slushy drinks from Pinocchio village haus

Today's update. Breakfast today was yesterday's fruit deserts so only have pics of lunch and dinner.
Lunch was at old port Royale after shopping in the morning. DW had a chicken burger and DS had the spaghetti and meatballs again.

I had something different though, a Cuban sandwich. Sorry for the pic I couldn't wait and only remembered to take a pic after I'd eaten half of it.

Dinner was at Katsura grill in Epcot.

All three of us had the shogun combo (teriyaki chicken & beef with rice and stir fry vegetables). I had he green tea cheesecake and DS / DW had a generic cookie.

Skipped breakfast today as we got up late. Lunch was at yak & yeti QS.
I had the Korean stir try with rice, DS and dw had the teriyaki chicken and rice. DW swapped her desert out for an egg roll, DS swapped his for a bottle of water and I had the coconut and pineapple cake.
DW and I split the side and desert so we could try both.

Teriyaki beef

Egg roll swapped out for the QS desert

Coconut and pineapple cake. It was a coconut sponge with a pineapple mousse on top with toasted coconut sprinkles. The pot had a small drizzle of strawberry sauce in the bottom too which went with it nicely.

Cosmic Rays this evening. I had the chicken & ribs combo which included green beans and mashed potato + jalapeños and peppers from the fixings bar. DS had a hot dog and DW had just the half a chicken meal as she didn't feel like ribs again.
Both of them had water instead of desert while I had a pot of gelato.

Nothing special for breakfast or lunch today, although I did get a beef pitta from old port royals which was pretty good. No pic of it though as it was a pool day so didn't have a phone or camera to hand.
Evening meal was something different at cooks of Dublin. These were pretty good and quite large for the price so good value if paying oop.
DS had the one & one (fish & chips), DW had battered sausage & chips and I had shrimp & chips. Deserts were a ice cream cup for DS, a raspberry and lemon parfait and strawberry & apple crumble pot.

Got some amazing snacks in DTD last night. Got 5 for 4 bars at ghirdelli (if that's how you spell it) chocolate shop and went to goofy candy co.

DS had a giant mickey cookie, DW had a pineapple wand and I had a peanut butter cookie.

This thing is massive

Loads of peanut butter inside

Cookie

Had a habenero lime margarita on the way back to cbr

Liberty inn at Epcot - steal for me and DW and chicken BLT for DS. Desert was a rocky road brownie.

Had a grapefruit beer in Germany on the way past.

And tried a school bread in Norway.

Afternoon visit to beaches &I cream in the way to Hollywood studios.
DW had the chocolate cake, DS had a simple vanilla ice cream and I had the epic peanut butter extravaganza that is a no way Jose.

Hopefully my hand puts it in perspective. It's massive.

All gone

Another party having a kitchen sink

Evening meal before fantasmic - ANC Commissary. DW had a Angus cheeseburger as there was very little else that took her fancy other than the steak, but we had already had that once today at liberty inn in Epcot.
DS had a chicken club sandwich and I had the Asian salad with dressing in the side.

Deserts weren't really wanted as we made a visit to beaches & cream today but the cast member here was already arguing with the guest in front of us as he wanted water instead of deserts so we didn't bother asking. In the end we had one of each that they offered the Olaf cupcake, a strawberry parfait and a chocolate mousse.

Wolfgang pucks for breakfast.

I had the breakfast pizza.

DS had the classic breakfast.

DW had the waffle with fruit.

Not on qsdp but had a Nutella waffle from sleepy hollow as we'd been drooling over one for months.

And another angle - it's hard to show exactly how massive this thing is.

Doing the classic cracks before we leave MK. Starting with a dole whip float and citrus slush soft serve from sunshine tree terrace.

Cosmic rays on out last night. DW had the hot dog and DS and I had the chicken nuggets. DS and DW had the chocolate cake and I had the mango gelato.

Snack haul with our remaining credits

Oatmeal cookie

Brownie

Old port royale breakfast - bounty platter

Chic chip pancakes

Regular pancakes and sausage

Outback Steakhouse in MCO - bacon cheeseburger, blue cheese burger and BBQ chicken and bacon sandwich.

Had to end the meal with a bud light.

Delta snacks going Orlando to Atlanta

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 15, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Food looks fab that sharing tray looks yummy.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 15, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

All looks lovely! Would you recommend The Airport pub? Iam undecided between trying here or booking the meal deal at Premier Inn where we are staying the night before our flight.
Old 12 Aug 15, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes we would recommend it, but would suggest you book in advance though because we just turned up and had an hours wait, wasn't all that bad though as it was a nice day so we could sit in the beer garden watching the planes. Their chips are amazing 😀

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Great report so far. More to come?
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm gonna be flying out of Manchester soon and that BBQ crate looks amaaaaaazing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 15, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Fab report!
Old 18 Aug 15, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Fab report Thanks for sharing.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 15, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great updates

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 15, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Food looks amazing, loving all the cakes and puddings! Sounds like you are having a great time. Hope your DW feeling better ☺
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List