Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
How about.

Norwegian flights London to Fort Lauderdale return, direct and of course, in Boeing 787 Dreamliners?

That is very much peakest of peak season.If you could do a later vacation and return as late as 02/03 Sept, then prices of the outbound seats are already released and around £175pp for 19 August with returns as yet only released until 25 August. I suspect a similar price coming home. If you could go late July, likewise.
I looked at these this morning and thought they seemed like a good price. Was unsure about the return leg but if as you say likely to be about the same price I think they are excellent prices. Might even be tempted to brave the drive from Devon again...
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
To be honest, I think you are too early for August flights. I wouldn't book them more than 6 months in advance.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
IMHO you book before the Xmas sale you will pay more, however if I don’t get my price we don’t go and I except that not everyone wants to take this stance.

I've been tracking BA prices for August 2018 since they were released last year including before during and after the Xmas sale but unfortunately there were no real differences in price. Obviously there may have been changes in between when I was checking the prices but on this basis I'm not holding out for the Xmas sale if a price comes up before hand that I like.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buddy23 View Post
I looked at these this morning and thought they seemed like a good price. Was unsure about the return leg but if as you say likely to be about the same price I think they are excellent prices. Might even be tempted to brave the drive from Devon again...
When I say likely, I cannot of course be certain.

I have been deeply researching Norwegian prices for months as I prepared to purchase. When my London - Boston flights for 18 July 2019 on or around 28 July, they were £314 return. I booked them 'blind', adding £25 pp for 2 exit and 2 seats behind whilst also gaining a £75 reduction as one of my boys is too young for APD.
That ticket price has not changed in the month since I purchased it, so I could have waited.

On or around 16 August, my Fort Lauderdale to London flight on 09 August was released at £254pp. On these we paid £50 each for 2 exit row and two behind, meals and hold luggage (which we probably will not need).
This flight also has not changed in price since that day.

In conclusion, for 2 adults and 2 kids, I am paying £595pp at the most expensive time of year. The observation is that I could have booked those flights at any time since release, to this day at exactly the same price. There is some stability whilst other carrier prices seem to yoyo on an hourly basis.

I now need a train from Boston to Penn NY, a plane from Laguardia to Dayton OH and a further plane from Cincinatti to MCO. I also need automobiles for 2 days in Dayton and 13 in Orlando, so I have completed the famous film title... Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Fingers crossed!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:37 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
I've been tracking BA prices for August 2018 since they were released last year including before during and after the Xmas sale but unfortunately there were no real differences in price. Obviously there may have been changes in between when I was checking the prices but on this basis I'm not holding out for the Xmas sale if a price comes up before hand that I like.
This is interesting my gut feeling is that the Xmas/sept flash sales were cheaper.

We also tend to book flydrive (and add-on a hotel room to bring it down further).

I have it in my head that car hire prices are kind of settled en-masse (or s component part of it anyway - in the new year. I seem to remember reading about some car hire conference or something on here). Either way, the fly drives seem to be cheaper at Christmas /new year than later in year (even when you adjust for flight price changes).

Agreed though with prices so variable if you like it go for it and don't look back !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
I'd really like to know this as my dates are released with BA next week. I found out about this one by watching threads on here. So frustrating just a week before I can book Hope there will be another one soon, although prices do seem lower than they were anyway.
Others are saying that Christmas is the best time to book for the following summer so I'm going to try to bide my time a little bit although this will be hard!
If see a flash sale before your dates look at flydrive. Your date might be up. (esp for BA)
Old 4 Sep 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

My 'booked' dates are now available on BA but they're still just a bit under £3500 for 3 weeks 4 people with SUV to Tampa. Other airports have been more expensive.

Hoping for a dramatic reduction in this current sale period.

BTW I wonder if BA ever looks on here and sees our willingness or otherwise to book their deals. Maybe we should all say how expensive they are.
Old 4 Sep 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
GALE88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
If see a flash sale before your dates look at flydrive. Your date might be up. (esp for BA)
I’m definitely looking at a fly drive, and BA seem to have good prices for the hotel I want for the first two nights so hopefully a good price will come up soon and I can book a package.
We want to return on the 28th so that will be up this Friday or Saturday with BA.
I’ve kind of got a threshold price in mind and I’ll book if it falls below it.
Fingers crossed we all get what we want. 😀
GALE88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
BTW I wonder if BA ever looks on here and sees our willingness or otherwise to book their deals. Maybe we should all say how expensive they are.
I hope so.

Dear Sir / madam.

Last year I enjoyed a fabulous BA holiday. Price and customer services were excellent.

This year I am disappointed that my budget of 10ppp is insufficient. I hope that you address your prices in line with my expectations.

Love and kisses

Gill.

Ps. Feel free to PM me with any marketing "offers" that you think might be of interest given my continuing support for your company. 😉
Old 4 Sep 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I hope so.

Dear Sir / madam.

Last year I enjoyed a fabulous BA holiday. Price and customer services were excellent.

This year I am disappointed that my budget of 10ppp is insufficient. I hope that you address your prices in line with my expectations.

Love and kisses

Gill.

Ps. Feel free to PM me with any marketing "offers" that you think might be of interest given my continuing support for your company. 😉
Gill

100% support this.