Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Sep 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I hop amazing for breakfast but we do still use the others for an evening meal at least once a visit. Last year our steak meals were OK in Sizzlers but we went in knowing what we would get.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Didnt try sizzlers but went to ponderosa for dinner once and it worked well for us as a party of 8 including kids and all liking/wanting different things! Not fine dining but was ok! As for GC (idrive/turkey lake road) would NEVER go again! Dirty, tired, run down, rude staff and sub standard food IMO! Gross!
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

It became a family tradition of ours to go to Ponderosa for breakfast, I have very fond memories of that place

I absolutely loved the mints too, someone tell me they still give you the free mints

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
It became a family tradition of ours to go to Ponderosa for breakfast, I have very fond memories of that place

I absolutely loved the mints too, someone tell me they still give you the free mints
Were they round white mints with red or green stripes ? You can get big bags in Walmart for a couple of dollars.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Were they round white mints with red or green stripes ? You can get big bags in Walmart for a couple of dollars.
Round mints with green stripes going into the centre as far as I can remember. I think a trip to Walmart is in order when we go over next year in that case - thanks

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

The 192 near Sherbeth road has Golden Corral, Sizzler and Ponderosa all almost next to each other, was our go to breakfast stop. I like having small amounts of lots of different things for breakfast and eat more that way, the rest of my family love odd combinations - although we also ate at perkins a few times (nearby on the opposite side of the road), again great choice,
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BnDamo View Post
Breakfast? Cracker Barrell or I hop..wouldnt touch the others with a barge pole..
I agree about avoiding the buffets but think Bob Evan's, Perkins and First Watch are better than IHOP and probably Cracker Barrell too. Dennys can be quite cheap but the food quality seems to really vary.
Old 5 Sep 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Round mints with green stripes going into the centre as far as I can remember. I think a trip to Walmart is in order when we go over next year in that case - thanks
Here you go (screen grab not link) : these should last you a while. Your dentist won’t thank me though 😱😬

Edited at 06:31 PM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Here you go (screen grab not link) : these should last you a while. Your dentist won’t thank me though 😱😬

They do smaller bags too!
Old 5 Sep 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For breakfast buffet, Golden Corale was far better than Sizzlers, we stayed at Windsor Hills. Bob Evans is always good food and value. We tried Village Inn at Winter Garden Village, which is our new favourite, huge portions, so beware of that. There is another location near Seaworld.
Sweet Tomatoes do a lovely Sunday brunch buffet.