Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile April 2020?

After going in August 2016 we are desperate to go back! Due to kids ages 16,13 and 11) and where they will be in their schooling we are considering returning Easter time next year instead of August.
What kind of price would we expect for April (easter holidays but would take a few days out of school)? We will be doing diy for flights and villa. Will it be the same or more than August (last 2 weeks returning before school starts)
Thanks
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’m paying around 1700 for 17 nights in a villa
Flights arnt out yet in full so waiting for that now
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Hawaii04
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Hi. We’re doing the same and can’t wait. I’ve been researching for a while and found that flights are slightly higher prices in August but accommodation is slightly cheaper so there’s not much in it. I’ve found by checking Skyscanner and net flights the cost of flights go up and down randomly. Expedia and booking.com will give you an idea on accommodation and again, the cost will fluctuate month by month. Easter is the winner for us.
Hawaii04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We paid about 1500 for Villa and again waiting for the flight prices. Not sure with Galaxy's Edge opening it may push up the prices a bit. Will it be May that the flights will be available for April next year?

Thanks
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

For Easter school hols (remember Easter changes for many counties, so you could be lucky and be different to most) we end up with indirect flights even when pinching a day or two into term time.. As the summer break is 6 weeks there's so many more options for travel days, there's more chance of getting a reasonable flight price.
For us VA direct flights from Manchester can often be £1k each, even when avoiding Saturday departure, whereas we've booked indirect for £550-600.
On the plus side we love the Easter weather, no humidity!
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Paddcomp View Post
For Easter school hols (remember Easter changes for many counties, so you could be lucky and be different to most) we end up with indirect flights even when pinching a day or two into term time.. As the summer break is 6 weeks there's so many more options for travel days, there's more chance of getting a reasonable flight price.
For us VA direct flights from Manchester can often be £1k each, even when avoiding Saturday departure, whereas we've booked indirect for £550-600.
On the plus side we love the Easter weather, no humidity!
We are looking for flights from Manchester
But at a push plus consider other airports
There’s me dh and four kids plus my parents
I just want to be booked
But I’m not paying 1k each a flight
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

We have booked for Easter 2020.
With the kids it's the only time of year we have been. ( pre kids we went February time).

For reference, we have paid £1k ea for indirect Edinburgh - JFK - MCO, 2 x 7 seat minivans and a 6 bed villa ( 10 going).
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Remember Easter is the Peak period of year so if you see somewhere you like the look of book it as soon as you can
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We booked and go in 2 weeks for 3 and half weeks and paid £2200 for 4a 1c with a full size suv flying from man to Heathrow to Miami, couldn’t get near that price flying direct into Orlando.
Could have got it below 2 grand if we’d picked a smaller car.
As soon as we get back end of April I’ll start looking again but I’d budget £2500 for all 5 of us with car again although this time I did have 3 grand budgeted in my head!
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by glenandem View Post
We booked and go in 2 weeks for 3 and half weeks and paid £2200 for 4a 1c with a full size suv flying from man to Heathrow to Miami, couldn’t get near that price flying direct into Orlando.
Could have got it below 2 grand if we’d picked a smaller car.
As soon as we get back end of April I’ll start looking again but I’d budget £2500 for all 5 of us with car again although this time I did have 3 grand budgeted in my head!
Hadn't thought of Heathrow to Miami but would do for a decent saving! Was that with BA?
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List