Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Mar 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Southwest dibbers

Trying to plan for Easter 2020 although missing a couple days either before or after holidays is fine! Living in devon the drive home from Gatwick last time was hard to say the least! Would love to go from Bristol (Tui) but prices seem high? Would also prefer Birmingham but all deals so far Gatwick. Will fly in to Miami Tampa or Orlando. My question is are there ever any decent offers from Bristol or Birmingham that aren't last minute?
Thanks
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

I'm flying from Bristol via Dublin with Aer Lingus
It cost about £50 more than flying from Gatwick but as I'm only an hour away from Bristol airport it's a great choice for me
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Can you get the train? I did this and it was easy and cheap, cost £60 return from newton abbot and didn't take long
Old 31 Mar 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

Yeah I know what you're saying, that drive is awful, especially coming home! 😒
We are in mid Devon, and are flying over to Dublin, then Dub - Lgw - Mco this year as the price was right (£1600 for the Dub-Lgw-Mco part in August for 4 adults, then £400 to get over to Dubln & overnight at Premier Inn).
We would love to go direct from Bristol but would have cost 5k for the four of us, and I'd rather spend the money on other things whilst there!

The key really is just to keep checking on skyscanner etc until you find something you are happy with.
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019
Devonlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Aer lingus do some good prices. Usually when they’re released. Go Bristol to Dublin and on to the states from there. We got great deals from Exeter via Manchester with virgin for our next trip and recently from Newquay via Gatwick but that leg has just swapped to Heathrow, so not as good.
fiona3103 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Spooky
Getting Excited

We have looked into this, but not booked it. I think the layovers are much better than they used to be now...must revisit this option!
Spooky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BrilliantBadger
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’m mid Devon too and found it easier to get a Flybe flight to Manchester or Glasgow and fly from there when we planned to go previously.
BrilliantBadger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

We are from Plymouth and usually fly from Heathrow so that we can catch the National Express coach.
In June we are flying BA from Gatwick so will have to drive.
In August we are flying Virgin from Heathrow to Tampa so will take the coach.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405

Edited at 06:06 PM.
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

we've done aer lingus before from bristol & would def have done it again as loved the ease of pre-clearance, except prices remained very high this time for easter hols...but prices may settle down again once brexit sorted out.Otherwise we did see some very good deals from bristol (as low as £350 for peak easter)via the eu with KLM & air france...but we were reluctant to travel via mainland europe this time , again because of brexit.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone! We are Mid Devon too for those who have travelled from those parts... 🤗! Great to hear lots of different options people have experienced. I will just keep looking but good to hear people getting reasonable prices too! Will keep my eye on the dibb too so if anyone sees anything decent for us southwesterners please post!
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List