Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Jun 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
disney troops
Earning More Ears

Mobile Magic bands

I have been totally stressing out about the holiday. Can you get a magic band for an under three that doesn't have a ticket? We have left it too late to order some kind of band incase we lose our kid. He is prone to doing runners now n then. Just scared with crowds etc. Oldest has a band. If he got lost would that just have our details to help find us.

Sounding dramatic but totally stressing incase something goes wrong.

Suggestions would be appreciated. We don't have time to order anything online. We fly thurs.
disney troops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

You can buy bands in the park and there would be no need to have a ticket. I am not sure I understand the bit about losing a child, I didn't know they could be used to track people.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
disney troops
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You can buy bands in the park and there would be no need to have a ticket. I am not sure I understand the bit about losing a child, I didn't know they could be used to track people.
I just assumed that each band was registered to that person. Ie if he was lost they could scan it and it would have phone number if it was linked to my Disney app
disney troops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney troops View Post
I just assumed that each band was registered to that person. Ie if he was lost they could scan it and it would have phone number if it was linked to my Disney app
So in theory you could buy one over there yes and then link to you I guess but then the issue is he could easily remove the bands as even when child sized they are quite easy to remove. I've actually managed to loose my band coming out of a bathroom stall as it caught on the door and I wasn't paying attention (another lady came running after me with it as she noticed! )

You might be better getting some other form of ID such as just a tag you can put in his tshirt or something if worried. Or even a bracelet that is harder to remove with the details on?

Edited at 12:07 PM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You’re just going to need eyes in the back of your head, no way would my boy at 3 have kept anything on his wrist, he was a nightmare but we just had to have hold of him at all times or he would go in the buggy. You could get a wrist band that doesn’t come off, but the amount of times our magic bands have come undone is unreal. I would do what another poster has said and write your phone number in his t shirt label instead.

Or you can get these on amazon and pay for next day delivery, be easier for him to keep on! amazon/linie-zwo%C.../dp/B004TXQW88

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Put him on reins or one of those back pack bags with a reins attatched for you to hold on to. We put ourson reins when they were young, not keen but better than losing them.
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
RailRunner
Earning My Ears

I've seen people write phone numbers on the arms of their children. My nephew just had his school trip and the teachers wrote a phone number on all of the arms of the kids in the group. Not that elegant, but effective.
RailRunner is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
suejacken
Getting to know the DIBB

I had to get a magic band for my 2 year old great nephew even though he gets in free. He needs the band to get in the park my travel agent said
suejacken is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by suejacken View Post
I had to get a magic band for my 2 year old great nephew even though he gets in free. He needs the band to get in the park my travel agent said
I don't think your TA is correct there - don't see babies with magic bands on in order to be let into parks and for those staying offsite, they are chargeable too - therefore admission would not be free
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by suejacken View Post
Don’t think I have ever seen a child that young in a magic band. Your TA is wrong, even adults don’t have to wear magic bands.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List