Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile Can someone explain rider swap and FP

I’ve read briefly how it works, I know only 1 adult needs the FP and the other will use the rider swap. Do we book rider swap on MDE or ask at the attraction?
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ive never heard of this before but i would try to get two fast passes, one for each of you! That way you'll have no problems at all
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ght=rider+swap

This thread really helped me understand rider swap and fastpass
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ght=rider+swap

This thread really helped me understand rider swap and fastpass
So I think I understood correct, only 1 adult will need a FP
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
Yes and reading other things online confirm this.

For our fastpass this year we are splitting one fastpass (for rides little one can't ride)
Then using the other two as family rides we can all go on
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
Yes and reading other things online confirm this.

For our fastpass this year we are splitting one fastpass (for rides little one can't ride)
Then using the other two as family rides we can all go on
I had to call Disney earlier to link my tickets when I asked them they said both adults need a FP but from everything I’ve read online that doesn’t seem the case
Old 23 Aug 19, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
suejacken
Getting to know the DIBB

We just did rider swap last month. We all had a fast pass for Flights of Passage. I stayed with the 2 year old while everyone went on first. Before they went on I had to get my magic band scanned by a cast member. The two other people from my family were able to get their bands scanned and they got to go on with me after they all did the ride. So two of them got to ride it twice. We all needed to have them in the first place though.
suejacken is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
This is also a good site. It basically says that in most cases only Group 1 will need fast passes, however on some occasions, this tactic may not work.
It does beg the question of the need for rider switch if you all have fast passes and why they would ask?
wdwprepschool.com/how-to-child-swap-rider-switch-at-disney-world

Edited at 03:25 PM.
Old 23 Aug 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

I’ve used Rider Switch this year. I’ve used the 1 FP tactic in quite a few occasions. It has worked every time including 1 for Slinky Dog and 1 for FOP.
I only used this tactic as I divided my family into a 3 guests and 1 guest. I used my separate FP to get ones that I could take DS2 (22 months) on which otherwise we’d miss eg. Peter Pan or the character meet. If I use my FP for Rider Switch then we don’t have enough.
Also the FP they add on for Group 2 are now open ended so you can come back and ride any time that day. This is much better as otherwise it can be a long wait for little ones. To get our two groups through Soarin using the FP and Rider Switch (I went on my own first and DH, DD and DS went second) took an hour. There is a waiting area but that’s a long time with a crazy toddler!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi ya, I helped a lot in the thread you are linked to but I can confirm that only the first riding party needs fastpasss the second does not as they use rider switch. I am 100% confident in this, I’ve used it on four trips now many many times. Anything else you hear is incorrect. You set up rider switch at the attraction and they will issue you with a return time that appears on MDE. I hope that helps!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List