Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jan 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Any evidence of what happens where a quick service place doesn’t have a kids menu? (Caseys corner for instance )
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Any evidence of what happens where a quick service place doesn’t have a kids menu? (Caseys corner for instance )
I saw one report of kids credit not being accepted by the admin of a big Facebook group and nothing since
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by AndyA06 View Post
My 2 are fussy eaters and often eat off the adult menu as there is nothing on the QS menu.

We booked through Virgin but would happily pay the £20 for each child to upgrade to an adult to get the adult QS plan (we got free dining).

Would I call disney direct or do it through Virgin?

Thanks
You'll have to go through Virgin as Disney won't deal with amendments if you haven't booked direct, as far as I know.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
If you have booked flights as part of a package I can see why you may not be able to upgrade a child to an adult DDP. Most booking systems will only have the option for one date of birth and if it does not match your passport and ESTA then it will flag up with the US/UK authorities when the airline sends over the API information. (All UK departing passengers are now checked by the UK authorities on departure travelling anywhere abroard as well). As to an airline assigning a seat to an under 2 year old all they will do is block that seat so it cannot be sold or assigned to anyone else, they do not change the passengers date of birth for the same reasons above.The child still needs to sit on an adults lap for take off, landing and when ever the seat belt sign is in.
This explanation makes sense bighal but I can't see why the TA can't call/email the airline and advise the correct DOB in a scenario like this. It wouldn't affect the DOB on the TAs system and for passport and ESTA purposes all would be well. Extra work for them I guess that they could do without.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Does anyone know the answer to this? With regards to breakfast menus at Disney resorts. One of the menus I am looking at (CSR), has only 3 options listed under 'kids station'. 2 of which are egg based, and our DD (3) hates egg. The other is waffles. I don't want her to have waffles every day. BUT, under the 'Grab 'n' Go' section are standard breakfast fare: cereal, fruit, bagels, oatmeal etc. Can kids still order from that, or not?

Also, any confirmation yet whether or not a child's QS meal can still be split into 3 snack credits?

And lastly, if we upgraded her ticket to an adult one, does this effect entry into the parks? Will it not cause a problem that it says she's an adult, when she isn't, or do they not care about that?

Thank you x
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
Does anyone know the answer to this? With regards to breakfast menus at Disney resorts. One of the menus I am looking at (CSR), has only 3 options listed under 'kids station'. 2 of which are egg based, and our DD (3) hates egg. The other is waffles. I don't want her to have waffles every day. BUT, under the 'Grab 'n' Go' section are standard breakfast fare: cereal, fruit, bagels, oatmeal etc. Can kids still order from that, or not?

Also, any confirmation yet whether or not a child's QS meal can still be split into 3 snack credits?

And lastly, if we upgraded her ticket to an adult one, does this effect entry into the parks? Will it not cause a problem that it says she's an adult, when she isn't, or do they not care about that?

Thank you x
The Grab n Go section looks like they would be snack items, I don't think snack credits have been split into adult and child so that should be fine.

Don't worry about the ticket. I am sure somebody would pick up if I went in with a child ticket, but nobody is going to question a child with an adult ticket, if they cared they would presumably need to be id checking everyone between the ages of 8 and 12.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Thanks Claudette!

And Christ! A quick scan of the kids menu shows it as really limited. Chicken nuggets/burgers etc. DD does like those, but she's a pretty good eater, so I don't want to limit her to those choices alone bless her.

Think I will bite the bullet and upgrade her ticket. Worth it for the extra £20.
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ramit
Earning My Ears

Thank you all for this! It was causing me a level of worry given how fussy my kids are, and would have made the planning way too complex. I've rang them and paid £20 and we are all on the adult now.

Where would I be without theDibb!
ramit is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Thank you x
We’ve upgraded our children to adults since they were very young as we use the TS credits to stretch them further. DD was 4 using an adult ticket. The only slight downside is the adult tickets force a fingerprint so you have to train them up. I’m sure one year the CM let me use mine for finger for her band.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks Claudette!

And Christ! A quick scan of the kids menu shows it as really limited. Chicken nuggets/burgers etc. DD does like those, but she's a pretty good eater, so I don't want to limit her to those choices alone bless her.

Think I will bite the bullet and upgrade her ticket. Worth it for the extra £20.
In our experience at CSR, they were very flexible in what makes a meal, adult or child. They've adapted the menu to our requirements, quite happily - and often generously, e.g. substitute for meat/cheese/etc. I personally think £20 would be well worth upgrading, but if you didn't for whatever reason, all is not lost - perhaps you could get a reduced-size adult meal for a child credit.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List