Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jan 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
In our experience at CSR, they were very flexible in what makes a meal, adult or child. They've adapted the menu to our requirements, quite happily - and often generously, e.g. substitute for meat/cheese/etc. I personally think £20 would be well worth upgrading, but if you didn't for whatever reason, all is not lost - perhaps you could get a reduced-size adult meal for a child credit.

Thank you. I'm not sure they can be as flexible anymore, since the change, and I don't know if they would still do a reduced-size adult meal for a child credit (my sister tells me they have done in the past) since these changes have come in.

I'm thinking it's worth the £20 anyway, just to not have to worry about it. Plus, presumably, could get an alcoholic drink with the meal then?

I wonder if anyone has any experience yet of the dining plan, since the changes were introduced. My sister thinks that this is a blip, and it will go back to how it was before by the time I go in May, but I am not convinced.
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
Thank you. I'm not sure they can be as flexible anymore, since the change, and I don't know if they would still do a reduced-size adult meal for a child credit (my sister tells me they have done in the past) since these changes have come in.

I'm thinking it's worth the £20 anyway, just to not have to worry about it. Plus, presumably, could get an alcoholic drink with the meal then?

I wonder if anyone has any experience yet of the dining plan, since the changes were introduced. My sister thinks that this is a blip, and it will go back to how it was before by the time I go in May, but I am not convinced.
I really don’t think it’s a blip, ultimately Disney are all about making money I’m actually surprised it’s lasted so long
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Mobile

The 20 pound is a no brainer I feel. People should just do it.

If you have upgrade the dining plan beyond the free offering then you have a much more complex issue.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The limited Child's menu isn't a new thing, DS is 24 & the exact same choices were there when he was -9 They have gotten slightly better with the addition of Mickey Check meals but it is always worth asking for a child's portion of one of the adult choices.
Not sure on the Child credit & 3 Snacks, if I had to guess it would be, if they have closed the loophole then it's No. My general rule of thumb is, anything they are making off of they will allow eg. 1ts=1CS=3 snacks in monetary terms $45=$18=$15 so using that it would be $9=$15 hence the reason I think not IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
The 20 pound is a no brainer I feel. People should just do it.

If you have upgrade the dining plan beyond the free offering then you have a much more complex issue.
I agree and feel that if we are wanting the adults meals it is more than fair to expect to pay an adult price for the ticket...It is unfortunate though for those stuck in the complex issues of the upgrade situation.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

DreamDisney CSR have been amazing when we've stayed there, the chefs are really helpful and can accommodate as required.

One morning I got my husband and myself the Grande Fiesta each and my LB was going to share mine as we didn't think he would eat a while serving on his own, the chef served my husband's plate up as normal and when it came to mine he realised we were sharing and ended up with twice as much on my plate.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I agree and feel that if we are wanting the adults meals it is more than fair to expect to pay an adult price for the ticket...It is unfortunate though for those stuck in the complex issues of the upgrade situation.
If she was going to eat an adult portion, I would agree, but she won't. She's 3, and I think she'd struggle to finish a kids meal to be fair. I'd have no problem paying a bit extra for someone who was going to be eating extra.

What I would like is just a better choice of food for her. Kids should definitely have better options than ONLY 'beige' food (ie such as chicken nuggets, burgers, pizza etc) for two weeks. It's great as an option (particularly for those who will only eat those things), but she likes variety, and rice, and is a big fish eater (for example - and also, doesn't get it from me! lol).

If I was certain that I could just ask for a kids portion of an adult meal, I'd stick to that, but I'm not sure that I can anymore.

Do you think if I emailed and asked that question whether or not they would (a) know the answer and (b) if there answer would be up to date?
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
DreamDisney CSR have been amazing when we've stayed there, the chefs are really helpful and can accommodate as required.

One morning I got my husband and myself the Grande Fiesta each and my LB was going to share mine as we didn't think he would eat a while serving on his own, the chef served my husband's plate up as normal and when it came to mine he realised we were sharing and ended up with twice as much on my plate.
Thank you, that would be lovely if they are still doing that. Did you visit before the changes came in, or after?
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
I really don’t think it’s a blip, ultimately Disney are all about making money I’m actually surprised it’s lasted so long
That is my thought on it also. We saw them crack down on some other DDP related things last year, so my feeling is that they intend to stick to this rule.
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

This was last May but they wouldn't have known we were on the dining plan or not when they served the food.

If your on facebook there's a group called Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - A magical Guide who has some die hard CSR regulars in there that know everything about the resort and are so helpful, it would be worth asking in there.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List