Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Jan 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
i don't get why people say that they waited for hours to ride ROTR - it is a virtual queue allowing guests to do other things either in DHS or elsewhere providing you get back within 2 hours of being called.
I am planning to get up early to get my boarding pass then rope drop toy story land and ride everything there and around the park. Hopefully numerous times. Have some food and then ride ROTR. With luck i will be able to leave the park at a reasonable time as i would have done everything.
However the luck of the draw for BP could mean that i am in for a long "wait" so once i have done toy storyland i may head off to explore somewhere else or have a nap in my room.
We got to HS about 7 ish, it’d just opened. Husband couldn’t get on the internet for about half an hour but he still got put in a backup boarding group (if the ride runs smoothly then you’ll get on later that day, just not guaranteed to ride). He got called back at 8.30pm, we were all getting ready for bed - he and my son just got dressed again and jumped on the bus
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

So can I just ask, do you get the Boarding Pass via MDE, like you would a fastpass?
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

We arrived at 6:30 yesterday and entered the park easily with no massive queues at bag check or the ticket barriers. Everyone than stands around in the central area until exactly 7. My cousin then used the app to get everyone in boarding group 69. The large crowd then slowly moved towards Galaxy's Edge or Toy Story Land. This was quite awkward with 2 wheelchairs but had dissipated by the time we got to Star Tours. Crowds were then ok all day.

ROTR had tech issues and didn't open until around 9:30 but group 69 was called by early afternoon.
Old 17 Jan 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
So can I just ask, do you get the Boarding Pass via MDE, like you would a fastpass?
Yes there is a seperate section on the App.
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Yes there is a seperate section on the App.
Great, thank you!
Old 17 Jan 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
We arrived at 6:30 yesterday and entered the park easily with no massive queues at bag check or the ticket barriers. Everyone than stands around in the central area until exactly 7. My cousin then used the app to get everyone in boarding group 69. The large crowd then slowly moved towards Galaxy's Edge or Toy Story Land. This was quite awkward with 2 wheelchairs but had dissipated by the time we got to Star Tours. Crowds were then ok all day.

ROTR had tech issues and didn't open until around 9:30 but group 69 was called by early afternoon.
Do you need any kind of pass to get into GE now, or can everyone just walk in at whatever time they like now? And you only need a boarding group (essentially a fast pass) for ROTR?

Also, once your boarding group is called, do you have to go together, or could one go, whilst one stays with child, and then the other goes? And is it a long wait once boarding group is called?

And lastly, I see there is a parent swap for Smuggler's Run. Has anyone done that? Has anyone taken a 3 year old on it? Daughter will be tall enough for both, but having looked at the youtube videos for ROTR, I think she would find that one too scary/overwhelming. Undecided about Smugglers Run.
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
Do you need any kind of pass to get into GE now, or can everyone just walk in at whatever time they like now? And you only need a boarding group (essentially a fast pass) for ROTR?

Also, once your boarding group is called, do you have to go together, or could one go, whilst one stays with child, and then the other goes? And is it a long wait once boarding group is called?

And lastly, I see there is a parent swap for Smuggler's Run. Has anyone done that? Has anyone taken a 3 year old on it? Daughter will be tall enough for both, but having looked at the youtube videos for ROTR, I think she would find that one too scary/overwhelming. Undecided about Smugglers Run.
No need for a pass to enter GE. That only lasted a very short time. The area is much bigger than Pandora or Toy Story Land and handles crowds pretty well. I can't help with child swap but am sure the party doesn't have to stay together for boarding.
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post

We took our 4 year old on smugglers run - she didn’t like it. no crying or nothing, just said it was too bumpy, she’s just 40” tall and slim, not much weight to her 😂 child swap will be available at the entrance if you want to do that.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We took our 4 year old on smugglers run - she didn’t like it. no crying or nothing, just said it was too bumpy, she’s just 40” tall and slim, not much weight to her 😂 child swap will be available at the entrance if you want to do that.
Yes, mine is similar. Tall and slim. I'm not sure if she'd be bothered by bumpiness lol
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:21 AM  
Link to this Post
spestell
Excited about Disney

Anyone done rotr with a DAS pass. How does that work?
spestell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List