Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Jan 20, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I exchanged a child quick serve credit for three ice creams today in the French Pavilion.

Edited at 02:11 AM.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fife82 View Post
I have only just come across this info from this thread and am now really cross about this!
We've always ordered the adult meals at QS restaurants, as most of you have said, the kids options are awful!
I would happily pay the difference (and we've upgraded to the regular DDP) but we have just added flights to our package through Disney. Has anyone else had another outcome with upgrading the tickets if you have flights purchased already or is it looking like a definite no?

Thanks in advance
I booked a package through a travel agent and it wasn't a problem so hopefully Disney will let you Upgrade.
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Rosemck View Post
I booked a package through a travel agent and it wasn't a problem so hopefully Disney will let you Upgrade.
I don't think they will. When I called Disney to upgrade my DD's ticket to an adult one, they cast member specifically pointed out that once I had done so, I wouldn't be able to book flights through them and was I OK with that (I was, as already have flights).
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DreamDisney View Post
I don't think they will. When I called Disney to upgrade my DD's ticket to an adult one, they cast member specifically pointed out that once I had done so, I wouldn't be able to book flights through them and was I OK with that (I was, as already have flights).
It's strange that other travel agents are able to do this but Disney and I saw tui won't either, I don't know maybe the booking systems are different? I guess my travel agent must book the flights and accommodation completely separate I have no idea how it works 🤷 I booked with Ramsay travel but I know they bought the package from US Airtours who said the ticket upgrade was possible.
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Rosemck View Post
It's strange that other travel agents are able to do this but Disney and I saw tui won't either, I don't know maybe the booking systems are different? I guess my travel agent must book the flights and accommodation completely separate I have no idea how it works 🤷 I booked with Ramsay travel but I know they bought the package from US Airtours who said the ticket upgrade was possible.
It is strange. I know Virgin won't do it either, as my sister has booked a package with them and they said they can't do it. Like you say, must be to do with how the systems are setup. Very frustrating for people though, as they may have booked differently if they had known up front.
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've upgraded our youngest to an adult today through ATD, £20 as expected. They did say that as well as Disney updating everything their side we needed to update the year of birth in MDE to ensure the ticket is attached correctly and doesn't create a "new" profile for him.

Also a friend of mine who is traveling a day before me and booked through Disney called to upgrade his kids, again £20 per child. However during the call the CM said that they will not be allowing upgrades / mis matched adult tickets to kids in the near future. When he asked why this is only happening now she said it was due to too many abusing the dining plan :/

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
There was a separate counter or tables with kids buffet food on which they're meant to get their food from. We had one member of staff try and stop our kids from getting food from the adults' buffet but no one else did in 3-4 buffets total. We told that member that the kids had adult dining plans and it was fine.
We have never experienced that. At a buffet kids can eat anything. The kids table just has less adventurous options on it.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Tell you what is a abuse the world over - the utter garbage they call kids food and people wonder why we have an obesity problem. The choice Disney are giving kids is terrible.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Tell you what is a abuse the world over - the utter garbage they call kids food and people wonder why we have an obesity problem. The choice Disney are giving kids is terrible.
Also certain quick serve locations are telling kids they can't eat without using the quick serve credits of their parents for an adult meal. I think Disney are on the verge of taking things too far, there will be a tipping point.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney2019 View Post
Also certain quick serve locations are telling kids they can't eat without using the quick serve credits of their parents for an adult meal. I think Disney are on the verge of taking things too far, there will be a tipping point.
Where have you heard that? It’s not unusual for us to want different things too eat so we could have grabbed something for the kids and then had the adults eat later.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List