Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Sep 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

Premier inn

Looking at booking Gatwick north PI for august.
Coming up at £80 for a family room atm is it likely to drop?
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

It may drop. Is the rate cancellable? If so maybe book it now and then keep it under review.
Old 27 Sep 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

last year we got a family room for £47 although it was a Wednesday night.
so it is possible it might drop a bit.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I have found there is no reason or rhyme to their prices. They tend to be cheaper far in advance but often not...
Now I just go with a price I am happy with and accept I may win or lose
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t book yet, in case your flight changes to (for example) Heathrow - which I think is possible. We don’t know what BA’s plans are for Gatwick (I’m guessing that’s who your flight is with).

Plus the price is quite high
Old 28 Sep 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I wouldn’t book yet, in case your flight changes to (for example) Heathrow - which I think is possible. We don’t know what BA’s plans are for Gatwick (I’m guessing that’s who your flight is with).

Plus the price is quite high
Totally agree and we've held back but how long to wait though is the question as we also need to book well in advance to get decent deals. Had some cracking prices booking way in advance but that would be wasted if things change like you said. Plus parking at Gatwick is another thing we book well in advance to get best deals.

It's too far for us to travel on the day and too many risky what ifs could happen so need to book rooms the night before. Plus parking at Gatwick or a mini bus. If left too late you either pay a premium or can't get them.

When I spoke to BA when booking our flights for next Aug I explained we're coming from South Wales so need to book rooms etc. I asked was there any info on the Gatwick Heathrow rumour. She said they have all heard it but nothing is official but she did say can u book hotel on a free cancellation. I did say so are u trying to say something indirectly but she seemed genuine in saying no but she totally gets our problem.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Totally agree and we've held back but how long to wait though is the question as we also need to book well in advance to get decent deals. Had some cracking prices booking way in advance but that would be wasted if things change like you said. Plus parking at Gatwick is another thing we book well in advance to get best deals.

It's too far for us to travel on the day and too many risky what ifs could happen so need to book rooms the night before. Plus parking at Gatwick or a mini bus. If left too late you either pay a premium or can't get them.

When I spoke to BA when booking our flights for next Aug I explained we're coming from South Wales so need to book rooms etc. I asked was there any info on the Gatwick Heathrow rumour. She said they have all heard it but nothing is official but she did say can u book hotel on a free cancellation. I did say so are u trying to say something indirectly but she seemed genuine in saying no but she totally gets our problem.
I completely understand the ‘it’s too far to travel on the day’ thing. We are in Devon and in theory Gatwick is only three and a half hours away but we’ve had a few times when it’s taken six or seven hours 😢

The only thing I would say is... I don’t think any of us can possibly guess whether decent deals should be booked early or not to get a good price. I know that would have usually been the case in the past! But things like car parking, hotels, I’m just not sure. I would expect a lot of businesses will have to shut around Gatwick as the passenger numbers aren’t there currently as they once were (and who knows when that will change). So another possibility is that you commit to a hotel / parking area and it closes. Personally I would be waiting until much much closer to book due to all of those reasons.
Old 28 Sep 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I completely understand the ‘it’s too far to travel on the day’ thing. We are in Devon and in theory Gatwick is only three and a half hours away but we’ve had a few times when it’s taken six or seven hours 😢

The only thing I would say is... I don’t think any of us can possibly guess whether decent deals should be booked early or not to get a good price. I know that would have usually been the case in the past! But things like car parking, hotels, I’m just not sure. I would expect a lot of businesses will have to shut around Gatwick as the passenger numbers aren’t there currently as they once were (and who knows when that will change). So another possibility is that you commit to a hotel / parking area and it closes. Personally I would be waiting until much much closer to book due to all of those reasons.
Yeah totally agree with u. In the past we've booked hotels and car parking without even thinking about airport changing. We've always taken a punt thinking if we can't go for a reason on our side then we could just write off the hotel and car parking or possibly sell on. Then hopefully insurance covers flights etc if a good reason not to go.

Now we do think of these things and then thought they'd have to give plenty of notice for something that big. Nope, on the phone she said it's just 24 hours which shocked me.

Gonna book flexi rooms we can cancel. Which will prob negate any early bird savings lol.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That's actually a really good point. We are flying with BA from Gatwick at the moment, but I've booked a flexible rate room for Heathrow as well, just in case they change our flight! So thank you!
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I have booked the PT at Gatwick North for next August for £80 and it was cancellable. If the price drops to about £40 which isn't cancellable then I will go for it and take the risk. I'm already taking a risk booking flights so I can't say that I'm all that bothered about a hotel chain closing and losing less than £100.