Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 14 Oct 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

London experts - food recs needed

We’re hoping to have a weekend in London at the end of the month, arrive late Friday and back Sunday afternoon at 4. Saturday plan is London dungeon, swim at hotel and dinner/ movie night in hotel.

After breakfast on Sunday we’ll go to tower bridge then need somewhere to have a late lunch. I was thinking it would be nice to have a couple of drinks with lunch so looking at bottomless brunch type options. Will have kids aged 13 and 10 so not going mad just Sunday aft chilling.

Ideally location in tower bridge or kings cross so it’s easy to get to straight after bridge or before we get train home. Will have about 1.5 hrs so need somewhere with efficient service but want to fill ourselves up as we won’t have dinner. So looking at eating around 2pm.

Any recommendations?
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

This isn't really the relaxing option you asked for but I really love Maltby Street food market which is open on Saturdays and Sundays. It's tucked away next to a railway line just down the road from Tower Bridge and has loads of fantastic food stalls - steak and fries, cheese toasties, cakes, waffles - loads of choice for everyone.

Not ideal if it's raining plus if it's busy it might not be ideal for social distancing but I thought I'd recommend it anyway!
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

seacontainerslondon/...rs-restaurant/

Sea containers do a wonderful bottomless brunch - near Tower Bridge and you get wonderful views of the River

There is also The Ivy at Tower bridge
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

Thanks both. I suspect that market is amazing but also it will probably rain when we're there knowing our luck so I'd rather book somewhere inside just in case!

Sea containers and the Ivy both look great - not sure too child friendly?

I feel like I have read about 1000 restaurant menus over the last couple of days and still not come across something quite right. I'm sure we'll find somewhere as millions of places in London you just need to book these days!
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Feel free to ask away if you have any questions as I will be very happy to help
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We used to stay at Park Plaza Westminster bridge with our kids when they were young teens, as the hotel has Studio family rooms, which were an excellent option, and we would do the Park plaza plus option, so that we had access to the club lounge, which basically serves food and drinks all day, we loved sitting looking at the river/big ben/london eye while troughing through all the hot canapés, sandwiches, cakes, odd glass wine etc! Might be worth a look, we felt for what it cost upfront saved us loads in eating out.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
We used to stay at Park Plaza Westminster bridge with our kids when they were young teens, as the hotel has Studio family rooms, which were an excellent option, and we would do the Park plaza plus option, so that we had access to the club lounge, which basically serves food and drinks all day, we loved sitting looking at the river/big ben/london eye while troughing through all the hot canapés, sandwiches, cakes, odd glass wine etc! Might be worth a look, we felt for what it cost upfront saved us loads in eating out.

This hotel has re-opened but the facilities are drastically cut at the moment

[I
Our number one priority will always be the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members, so we’ve launched our new Reassuring Moments programme. In preparation for your arrival, please check here for a list of initiatives we’ve put in place for your safety. Take a look for full details on how we have prepared for your safe return. Please note that Brasserie Joel, our Executive Lounge, gym, pool and spa are currently closed. Primo Bar will be open to guests only from 4pm - 10pm, Monday - Friday, and 2pm - 11pm Fri & Sat serving a selection of food and drinks. Our delicious 24-hour room service menu remains available for you to enjoy. We look forward to welcoming you soon. [/I]

It is being used to accommodate NHS staff from St Thomas so will remain open and they are doing character breakfasts some dates in October . But still might be an option but not really for dining at the moment (IMHO)

Edited at 09:33 AM.
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

we've already booked a hotel, thank you though. We've got a family package at the Leonardo Tower Bridge - B&B 2 nts dinner 1 nt and a movie so we're sorted on the saturday. Just fancied a nice lunch on the sunday and everywhere looks too up market, is expensive or not child friendly so think we might just stick to a chain we know and like.
Old 16 Oct 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Bodeans at Tower Hill might work?
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yea bodeans is great and out of all of them I’ve found the one at Tower Hill to be the best
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List