Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Southwest Dibbers...

Would anyone from the southwest or those that have flown from Bristol be prepared to share how much they paid?
We went in 2016 from Gatwick and the drive home was a killer! Would love to fly from Bristol ideally and looking to possibly return in 2019 or 2020 late August into early September. We would still consider another airport depending on price but we are only 45 minutes from Bristol so seems very appealing...
I have checked TUI for next year as an idea and currently prices from Bristol are approx £770 per person give or take a few pounds for flydrive or including accommodation at Blue Tree resort.

Thanks in advance
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Libsmum
Earning More Ears

I’m from Devon so know what you mean. We haven’t flown from Bristol as it’s too expensive but having done Gatwick once, we now only fly from Heathrow as it’s much easier to get to/from. Ok, you can’t go direct to MCO but indirect is much cheaper and it breaks up the journey etc.
Last time we tried the train and that worked really well. We were all able to nap on the way back home so that’s worth considering too
Libsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Libsmum View Post
I’m from Devon so know what you mean. We haven’t flown from Bristol as it’s too expensive but having done Gatwick once, we now only fly from Heathrow as it’s much easier to get to/from. Ok, you can’t go direct to MCO but indirect is much cheaper and it breaks up the journey etc.
Last time we tried the train and that worked really well. We were all able to nap on the way back home so that’s worth considering too
Hadn't thought of the train ! Did that go direct to Heathrow or was there a change? That could work... ! Thanks
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Libsmum
Earning More Ears

We changed at Paddington, it’s only a few minutes on Heathrow Express from Paddington direct to the terminal. With a railcard it didn’t work out more expensive than parking and fuel.
Libsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Look out on sky scanner for trips starting from Newquay or Exeter. We fly from Newquay lately using expedia or Netflights and usually pay around £400 pp and have done for 2 trips this year and 1 last year and the year before. Both Virgin and BA flights for the main bit Did Aer lingus from Bristol too, last year in November for around 450pp and DS paid £500pp for this June. Last week on sky scanner they had Virgin flights from Exeter via Manchester on the way out and Glasgow on the way back for £411 pp next year first 2 weeks in May. Went back to book them and they’d gone so you have to be looking at the right time for a bargain. National express from Plymouth to Heathrow was cheap and easy too for any bargain Heathrow flights and the Gatwick flyaway train service is great for families as it’s usually only the cost of 2 adults and not restricted to a particular time.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

We go from Gatwick but get a taxi there and back for a very reasonable £260. We are going up the night before and have a hotel booked. We just factor this cost into it when we book.
We are in Wiltshire.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

I am also Devon and have been watching the TUI flights from Bristol. I have noticed that prices start to drop to the £550 mark about 9-10 months from travel.

I loved it when Plymouth airport was open we use to fly up to Gatwick it was so easy.
I have tried driving to Gatwick its a killer the drive home, I tried the train I hated, I tried the coach it took forever.
I have even tried flying to Manchester from Exeter and that was great going but we got a delay coming home and missed our flight back and ended up getting a train
So for next year I really am thinking just paying the little extra and flying from Bristol, I dont no how keen I am flying into Sandford as we are not hiring a car so need to factor in the extra journey from Sanford.

On the plus side Ive traveled on the Dreamliner with TUI to Mexico and it was fab.
We live in a wonderful part of the country but it is so far from anywhere
Old 19 Aug 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Crackerx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi we are from bath and flying from Bristol with TUI in September we booked a Fly drive last September and upgraded our seats to premium for the 2 of us paid £2000 but my brother in law and his partner only joined our holiday booking 6 weeks ago and paid £1030 for the two of them and that’s extra leg room seats. I know our price sounds a lot but got a good deal on the villa so it balances out the price but to be honest I would pay anything not to have the journey to Gatwick again. 😊
Crackerx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

This has been my dilemma until I finally booked yesterday. The thought of the drive to Gatwick and back plus the extra travel time. Or a coach or train plus a hotel didn't leave a lot of difference in price.

I am flying end September with TUI on the streamlined, managed to get premium club for £481 both ways so very happy.

Next September is coming around £1000
Old 19 Aug 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did BRS - Ireland and on to MCO with Virgin this year.
We had Virgin air miles to use up.

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List