Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Sep 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Nut allergy sufferers and airlines

What are your experiences with nut allergies on different airlines ? I have always gone TUI which basically do not serve packets of nuts on board.

As we are looking into a DIY trip we are having to look at lots of other airlines. Those with allergies can you tell me your experiences with the big airlines that go to Orlando?

Delta seem great how ever cant get much in the way of the others, our allergy is airborne so request that packets of nuts aren't sold I'd possible
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisE
Proud to wear my Ears

I have flown on BA numerous times to and from Orlando and although they do serve nuts with pre meal drinks, there have been a number of occasions when they have made a PA announcement stating that there is a passenger with nut allergy and asking other passengers to not consume nuts.
ChrisE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
I have flown on BA numerous times to and from Orlando and although they do serve nuts with pre meal drinks, there have been a number of occasions when they have made a PA announcement stating that there is a passenger with nut allergy and asking other passengers to not consume nuts.
Thanks so the nuts are still served with those passengers on board ? I know this may seem dramatic however the thought of anaphylaxis mid Atlantic is quite scary and my doctor has advised my allergy is airborne

Edited at 09:18 PM.
ashchall95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisE
Proud to wear my Ears

No, they serve an alternative non nut snack when there is a nut allergy passenger on board. On my last trip very nice selection of nuts on the way out and pretzels on the way back when there was someone with an allergy.
ChrisE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Mobile

Alot of flights and deals we are finding are with virgin has any one experienced anything with them ?
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Note, the airline cant prevent any pax bringing nuts on board and consuming them.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
Note, the airline cant prevent any pax bringing nuts on board and consuming them.
wouldnt expect or want this. I am just asking if they stock bags of nuts on their inflight snack menu when giving drinks to minimize the risks
ashchall95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I think virgin give pretzels rather than nuts. I've read on here that they do announcements. Maybe give the airport of choice a call?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ashchall95
Helping Mickey

ashchall95's Reviews
Mobile

would the airport advise us on this ?
Old 29 Sep 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

What are you allergic to as this can make a huge difference, if it is peanuts then you are relatively safe with any airline as they have a reasonable understanding of peanut allergy, none of them will guarantee that the food is completely safe and actively encourage you to take your own food. If it is tree nut allergy you need to be more careful especially if you travel with an american company, they freely offer nuts as they are a cheap snack so you are at risk straight away from any debris left over from previous flights even if they do not serve any as snacks.
You also need to scrutinise the menu as they can serve nuts as part of the vegetarian menu.
We have had a horrendous experience with Virgin although it was 5 years ago where my son was offboarded as they were serving walnut penne pasta and he is anaphylactic allergic to walnuts. I had had numerous discussions with them prior to flying and they assured me no nuts would be served but hey were part of the meal. We were advised on that flight that if my son's allergies were airbourne that he wouldn't be able to fly as they couldn't guarantee his safety
We have flown with Thomas Cook since then as they were brilliant, sadly they are no more. We are now in a similar position to you as I need to re book for next year and not happy with any of the choices.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List