Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
shazza1961
Imagineer

Mobile Planning for 19th Aug 2020

Hi Guys, so, we have booked for 19th August... based on the Opening America Again which was delivered last night, I am going ahead with my plans as i believe Florida will be open again by then, its 4 months away, i cannot believe flights etc will not be running by then.
My flight is indirect with virgin, we fly into Atlanta with a 2 1/2 hour layover, would this layover have been long enough previously (I know no one knows what security / health checks will be in place by then)... I am just wondering how longish it takes and how big is Atlanta airport as I have never been there before xx thankyou xx
shazza1961 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Similar position to you, albeit a week earlier.
Have to assume it's all going ahead, until I know different.

As regards the layover; we are flying in to Newark (EWR) with a 1 3/4 hour stopover - so even less time than you.

So no idea on how security will affect that but my understanding is that it's the airlines responsibility to get you to your final destination. If security delays stop you catching the onward flight they are obliged to get you on the next.
For us there are regular flights for 7 hours after we land so, worst case, is we get delayed an hour or two.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Firstly good for you for staying positive and I do hope your trip goes ahead.
Atlanta is a well oiled machine it is huge but transfers between terminals are quick and efficient via underground train. Passport and customs are basically the same in each us airport and can differ significantly each day depending on circumstances for example flight delays, number of aircraft arriving together, atlanta is one of my favourite airports to transfer through in the us and have done so many times, 2 1/2 hours to transfer is usually fine but due to the implications of the coronavirus and new procedures that will no doubt be put in place transfer times may increase. Remember air travel levels as a whole will be significantly lower over the coming months and airports will be handling a lot fewer passengers so it could go either way in regards to how long transfers take.
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shazza1961 View Post
Hi Guys, so, we have booked for 19th August... based on the Opening America Again which was delivered last night, I am going ahead with my plans as i believe Florida will be open again by then, its 4 months away, i cannot believe flights etc will not be running by then.
My flight is indirect with virgin, we fly into Atlanta with a 2 1/2 hour layover, would this layover have been long enough previously (I know no one knows what security / health checks will be in place by then)... I am just wondering how longish it takes and how big is Atlanta airport as I have never been there before xx thankyou xx
Maybe a bit of a curve ball but lots will be cancelling flights so it may be worth seeing if you can change to a direct flight for same dates at possibly no extra cost?
Might be worth a phone call.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Littlelufs32
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are in the same position.
Flying 19th indirect to Charlotte with Amercan AIrlines.
We did have a 3 hour layover which I was happy with but they've now put us on the later flight meaning a layover of just under 2 hours.
I was trying to stay positive but this has frazzled me!
Realistically I think due to everything that is going on we'll need longer to transfer.
Hopefully we will know more over the next few weeks what measures will be put in place
Littlelufs32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The problem I have is during his statement last night opening borders was not mentioned and he even evaded the question when asked about opening the border with Canada.

Personally I would have thought he and his advisors would want a good percentage of Americans back to work before even considering opening the borders to countries that he blamed for bringing it to the states in the first place.

Good luck!
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
osmscs
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by shazza1961 View Post
We have changed from May to August. Glad you share our optimism.
osmscs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re also booked for 19th August 😊 . 🤞 for our holidays.

I don’t know what the situation is going to be come August but I’ve always been happy with a 2 1/2 hour layover before. We’re connecting at jfk this year. Would have preferred Atlanta.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Atlanta was a good airport to changeover at when we travelled, huge but very efficient and the staff helpful.We had a 2 hour layover and it was plenty of time.We are due to travel on 20th august,direct but not so sure we will be but we can only wait and see!.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pic499
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So refreshing to read a positive thread

WDW 2006, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018, 2022, 2024 DLP 2000, 2023
pic499 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List