Old 28 Jun 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CazB
Very Serious Dibber

CazB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by CazB View Post
We have just had our flight from Glasgow to Florida cancelled by Virgin this weekend and they won't start our route again until next year.

We are annual pass holders and I have just messaged Universal to see if there is anything they can do. We last used our passes on 21st Sept 2019 and our renewal date was 29th Sept 19 so I am hoping that they will be able to freeze our Annual Passes for us as we will definitely be there next year as its killing me at the moment knowing that we won't be able to go to HHN this year.
I have had a response back from Universal and they confirmed that our passes that were to expire at the end of Sept have been extended by 3 months to end of Dec and have said that they can expire our passes now and arrange for us to receive our 2 Park preferred annual passes for use whenever we are ready to return.

Their response is unclear if the passes we would get on our return would just be valid for that trip or if it would be for the remaining months left on our passes. If the situation improves next year then we would hope to squeeze in 2 trips so I am hoping that it will be for the remaining months left. I've asked them the question and I'm awaiting a response.
2019 - Portofino
2023, 2024 - RPR
CazB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Harryfinn
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Ok I haven't completely read all posts but I'll tell you what they have done for us, AP originally due to run out Sept:
Our AP's are now frozen, when we re-activate them we will have the 4 months that they've been closed plus the 2 months remaining so 6 months in total. TBH I would have been happy with just a month as we are hardly likely to get much use out of those 6 months IYKWIM but it is definately the "thought that counts" & more than impressed with Universal's customer service, pity I can't say that about their competitor up the road!
SD
They did the same for us too we have an open 6 month pass from whenever we activate it again. We will be staying on property so will need to activate it before we check in i think to receive our discount
Harryfinn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CazB
Very Serious Dibber

CazB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Mobile

Originally Posted by CazB View Post
I have had a response back from Universal and they confirmed that our passes that were to expire at the end of Sept have been extended by 3 months to end of Dec and have said that they can expire our passes now and arrange for us to receive our 2 Park preferred annual passes for use whenever we are ready to return.

Their response is unclear if the passes we would get on our return would just be valid for that trip or if it would be for the remaining months left on our passes. If the situation improves next year then we would hope to squeeze in 2 trips so I am hoping that it will be for the remaining months left. I've asked them the question and I'm awaiting a response.
I’ve now had a response from Universal and they have advised that they will provide us with two complimentary 2-Park Preferred Annual Passes valid for one year from the date we first use them. Knowing that they will cover us for another year is a no brainier so we have accepted their offer.
2019 - Portofino
2023, 2024 - RPR
CazB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We got this reply

We would be happy to extend your expiration date to encompass you July 2021 trip. When you are able to make it to the resort, just bring a Valid ID, your reference number

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

We were there when the parks shut and still had a few days left at the parks.
Universal have done so well,
we had a few months left on or passes and had already used them on 3 holidays (we had the 3 months free last year)
Universal had originally offered to make sure we had tickets for another trip if needed.
But as things seem to have taken a turn in Florida i messaged them yesterday to ask if there was any way we could pause our annual passes ?/ or similar so we could still renew them next year and not lose out.
They replied today (in less than 24 hours - well done universal)
We can stop our passes now and have them renewed with the clock starting when we next enter the park (and have the extra time added so 7 months in total) or have an extra month added if we can use them before Feb.
We have replied taking the 7 months whenever we need them .
Have worked it out that if we time it ight we should be able to get 2 more trips out of them.
Well done Universal- Great customer services.
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We’ve had great service from them too and we had our holiday cancelled, due to be there this week. They have said the remaining time will be activated when we return.
Old 7 Jul 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

Following communication back and forth with Universal, they have agreed to pause our annual passes (bought Nov 19, used twice!) and we will be issued with new annual passes valid for 8 months from the date we collect them. Absolutely superb service from Universal. Disney could do with learning a few lessons on customer service from Universal!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We were offered a one month annual pass- with no expiry to be activated whenever we are next there. Our passes were to expire in August and we have used them for 2 trips - 10 days total. We had a trip in May cancelled. I think this is a generous offer- we will get one more holiday which is all we were due to use the for originally.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Having originally been offered a 5 day 3 park pass, I wrote back and said I would prefer to use my annual pass. I'd used mine in May and September last year, and was due to use it again this April. They've now offered to place our annual passes into a blocked status and we'll be able to use them for 1 month in May next year. We'll also be able to renew them at a discounted rate. Exceptional customer service.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dadio
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Absolutely amazing service from universal they froze our annual passes which where due to expire November and gave us extension for 8 months when reactivated again amazing and thanks to dibbers for advise
dadio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List