Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Aug 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

31 days to my "Not flying upper to LAX solo" day :-(
And 34 days to my "Probably not going to Lanzarote" day :-(

Could be 35 days to my going to the West Country in a caravan day, so that's nice :-)
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Today is my ‘not coming home day’😂
Unfortunately I am stuck in the UK and not in Copper Creek where I would have been until 5pm this afternoon.
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mine will be a week on Wednesday. I am so gutted. We only ever have the one holiday a year and I look so forward to it. Feeling really low at the moment and just can’t seem to snap out of it. ☹️
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

today just showed up on my FB memories, we had our last day in NY 2 years ago, so tomorrow we fly down to MCO going to be a tough week as in a few days time we should be flying to Fla
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It will be our 'should have been going to Disney' day on Monday. We were due to be checking in to a hotel at LGW on Monday afternoon, ready to fly to MCO on Tuesday.
Although I'm glad it's cancelled I'm still very disappointed. We'd been waiting/planning for this holiday for 5 years. Hoping we might get there in 2022 but obviously have to wait to see how things progress.
Thankfully we hadn't told the children (we were going to tell them once school broke up) so at least it's only DH & I who are feeling sad.
On the bright side, with the money we're not spending on Disney we can crack on with some much needed rennovations in the house.
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

We sort of have 2 ‘not going’ days lol. Dd thinks today was the day to go so she’s a bit fed up (currently at clip n climb to take her mind off it!) but our actual fly day should have been Weds 5th as we were surprising her with a few days at universal. In the grand scheme of things I know it’s not important but it’s still sad when you have looked forward/ saved up for so long. I’m feeling grateful we got money back and we are are going to enjoy planning for 2022. Fortunately she now thinks staying at universal for a few nights is an added bonus so we are focusing on watching YouTube videos for that... Disney videos just make us too emotional atm! Feel so bad for everyone missing out at the moment- I think it will be much better once we can say ‘we would be back by now’... at least we will then have the trip to look forward to!
Old 8 Aug 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

Yes, today is our ungoing day. My daughter and I were to be flying out for a Disney hotel stay ahead of my husband. Sad day but we are planning ahead now for next year and have added a little trip to San Francisco and Yosemite ahead of the Orlando trip. Lets hope that will all go ahead.
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

We should have flown out 2 days ago it’s sad seeing all the cancelled dining reservations in my diary each day.

We’ve got fingers crossed for our European DCL trip next August and I’ve rebooked the HRH for Aug 2022. DS is hoping the Tron ride and the Star Wars Hotel are both going to be open by then
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our travel day was back in April
Can’t believe we actually thought it was still going to go ahead.
We accepted it and moved our trip to next April, I can’t imagine how hard it is for all those who should be travelling in the next few months , I was sure that you would all be back enjoying now .
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LostPrincess View Post
I've got a month or so until my not going day. I do have perspective and I know my holiday is unimportant but I will be miserable on that day and that's ok. I hope you do something nice today to take your mind off things!
A good friend randomly treated me to a beekeeper taster day... certainly took my mind off my disappointment

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List