Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Sep 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Hermes - missing parcel

Hi there

I recently ordered something off one of those Facebook ads. I had got a notification that it was going to be delivered last Thursday. I was in the house until 6pm that night with no delivery. Typically 15 minutes after I went out it was ‘delivered’. According to the picture, they left it at the side of one of our blue bins. I have checked beside the blue bin that I think they left it at (I live in a block of flats but only one bin matches the picture) and the parcel is definitely not there. I have checked with the neighbours whose bin it is but they don’t have it. We don’t get any passing traffic so i dont think it’s been stolen.

I got in touch with Hermes and explained. They said they would get back to me within two working days. I have just had an email off them telling me that they’ve resolved the enquiry and that the parcel was delivered as per the picture (which I already had).

What can I do to resolve this. Does anyone have a number for Hermes where I can actually speak to a human being. Or do I just have to accept that I’ve lost the money
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

You might as well bang your head against a brick wall.
They’ve lost 3 of my parcels in the last few months.
I’ve tried to get hold of them by phone which is nigh on impossible so you do the automated chat which is a waste of time as at the end they just tell you to contact the sender.
I’ve done this and had refunds from all 3 suppliers
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. It's not for you to chase them. You have a contract with the supplier and it is their responsibility to ensure the item is delivered.

No delivery then they have to refund you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree that you should not be chasing this up with Hermes. You have not made a contract with Hermes, you should take this up with the person you bought from.

Had you agreed a “safe place” for delivery and if so was by the bin the safe place you agreed? If it was, considering there is a photo, I don’t really fancy your chances on this.

If you didn’t agree a safe place then I think you say leaving it by a bin at a block of flats does not equate to delivery.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Surely this is all a bit of a nice loophole for light-fingered delivery drivers.

Put parcel by bin. Take picture of parcel. Put parcel back in van.

Not that I'm accusing per se, but if any company is going to have drivers that do that it's Hermes. They are atrocious.
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Hermes are the only delivery company I've ever had a problem with, a couple of years ago I got an email saying they had delivered my Hollister parcel, they may have delivered it, but it wasn't to me. I rang Hermes to ask which address they had delivered it to but they wouldn't tell me, Hollister ended up refunding me.
A few days ago I got an email saying my parcel had been delivered, I was in the house at the time, they provided a photo of where they left it, it was in a neighbours back garden, our number was clear on the parcel, they just delivered it to the wrong address.
Contact the person you bought your item from, they should refund you and be able to claim it back from Hermes.
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Elisebev
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I don’t believe this. I’ve just gone down to the car and came back up and missing parcel has appeared on my doormat.
Elisebev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elisebev View Post
I don’t believe this. I’ve just gone down to the car and came back up and missing parcel has appeared on my doormat.
Probably a neighbour picked it up, then dropped it off at your door. At least it's turned up.
Old 28 Sep 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Elisebev View Post
Glad it is sorted.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I would not use hermes by choice. I sent a parcel during lock down to someone isolating and they lost it, i did eventually get my money back for the package. Then only last week a delivery from QVC went missing. In both cases Hermes can not find the package in their warehouse. They either have a massive theft problem or a big room filling up with lost stuff.

If anyone else has a problem , try this email address Martijn.DeLange@hermes-europe.co.uk he is the CEO and i did get a response from a pr team.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List