Notices

Old 1 Aug 15, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
julybride
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney 2...10 Year Anniversary! Day 1 MK

So after a fretful night and me and hubby waking every hour or two the clock hit 5am and we got up unpacked, showered... Then looked at the clock... Then pottered then looked at the clock... Then gave in at 6.30 and wandered to the bus stop telling the girls we would look at the quiet pool. As we walked all of 50m we saw the mk bus. We looked at each other and said okay may as well go then :-) our very own private bus all the way to magic kingdom with hyper, excited dd's. Arrived at gate with maybe 3 families in front and waited... And waited and waited some more. Hubby not impressed... Until we walked down Main Street and got 'that picture' in front of the castle 😜 oh! He said there is no one else in the photos.

I booked into crystal palace we were the 3rd family seated and saw characters in the first 15 minutes which was great. Me and my daughter are coeliac and need gluten free food. The chef came straight out and showed me what was safe in the buffet. He said he had toast, muffins and donuts that he could bring out... My daughter last had donuts nearly 3 years ago in Crystal Palace and genuinely is one piece of magic she remembers vividly. The waiter brought everything out and we tucked into smoked salmon, fruit, eggs, bacon sausages... chocolate milk and coffee. Hubby perfected the art of asking for hot tea with milk and two teabags.

Yummy meal the character interaction was calm but a good way to start the holiday... It was 9am and we were ready to hit the... Very calm park. Now hubby was expecting to do very little thinking August would be crazy. We did the following waked into small world (hubby rightly said we should have done Peter Pan) we had walked past mine train and a 2 hour wait! Then carousel, then dunbow (both walk ons) This is where the day got interesting... As me and dd2 got off... Hubby was being waved to get a move on by a cast member while he was flapping... I waked over he had lost his necklace, cross and wait for it... Wedding ring 😱nope not on crazy rides, the tame little flying elephant... After running back to the spot he got of there was the ring sitting on the floor as the necklace fell out of his t shirt... Relieved at this point our speed way fast passes were open so decided to chance hop on barnstormer no wait then head over for our fp. Oh dear dd2 age 7 not impressed... Too fast. This started me panicking about other rides... Hmmmm. Then noticed both belle and the little mermaid were also walk ons 😀 so by 10.30 we had done a lot! And cheered my scared little pickle up Yay.

Okay so I looked at speedway fp used that then changed our other reservations for haunted house ... Oops. Just like a scooby Doo I said, not real I said... I am a bad mummy who now has 2 distraught children who believe in the magic and redness of Disney so therefore can not get their heads round the scarier stuff... Because that must be real too! Note to self... Rearrange space mountain and tower of terror and anything else that may cause melt down!

Walked through to philharmagic. Lovely clever and one dd2 aged 4 in 2012 she hated because of he 3d stuff and wouldn't wear the glasses but now she loves it. Okay now totally confused as in 2012 she had liked Barnstormer!
Hmmm... Oh well off to Tony's for lunch.

Wandered through the Main Street shops as we headed to lunch checked in a little early and seated no problem then the fun began. Excited I ordered the chicken parmigiana something I love but can't generally get gluten free as did hubby. Dd2 ordered meat balls, dd1 gf pepperoni pizza. I asked for kids meals to come out with our appetisers.

30 minutes later nothing... Barely drinks... I then got delivered a salad... With a huge slice of bread in it... Ummmm clearly not gluten free. Dd2 ate half her pizza but was pushing it round the plate so asked if it was okay she said chewy... That would be uncooked then I tried it and literally spat it out😓 hubby's calamari was dripping in fat... But hey I'm in Disney... Give Them a chance another half hour later... Ummm server tells us cooked pizza will be another 45minutes😨 okay so very calmly ask for manager who looks horrified😱 as our mains show up I must look like I'm about to burst into tears as she waves the server away and ushers us out. Takes all our details and gives us a number in case dd1 gets sick. Then gives us 2 passes for any ride and tells us not to worry about the bill... Thank goodness as it rectified the situation. Past hungry now we grabbed some drinks with snack credits and headed towards mine train! Bonus... No wait rest room stop first... Got on mine train after showing dd2 what it did and she seemed happier knowing what she was about to do and that their would be dwarves and jewels. Truly thrilled the Disney Magic was not yet spoiled even with a disastrous lunch totally made up for by the manager who was marching towards the kitchen as we left.

Then walking into mine train thanks to our extra passes was a real treat and the girls loved it... But wait hubby got off the ride looking like when he got off dunbow...

"Tell me I have you the camera?" Hubby says to me. He knows he hadn't I can hear it in his voice😓 all those fab first day pictures gone he looks sick to his stomach. We hurry back to the rest rooms just incase... Nope no camera...I know we have to go to guest relations I suggest we use the last pass and do the Anna and elsa meet because we won't be able to get another one then head back to the resort. Knowing that even if the camera was found it won't have got there that quickly.

The girls loved Elsa and Anna and thanks to having my iPhone was able to grab photos 😀

Then peterpan and then really it was time for home 😏a very mixed day. The park was great not at all busy and well planned passes and extra magic hours was brilliant. But felt a little of the magic was gone because of lunch and the camera. It was first day of holiday so gave hubby a hug and said we found the wedding ring and easily the best day for rides x a camera is replaceable. The camera hadn't been handed in and we were told to get resort to phone again in about 4 hours .

Walked to bus stop, waited 1 minute, we're back at Okw and by the pool within 45 minutes 😀

See such a mixed bag of a day.

The girls went down the slide at the main pool, over and over and over again. The Okw cast members were organising games and I realise how much it reminds me of a very up market holiday camp (and that perhaps that is why I love it so much). All the fun or organised entertainment in beautiful Florida Disney bubble 😍

We had reservations at Olivia's on resort tonight and got dressed in the facilities by the pool. Before going for our reservations we went to guest services to heck about the camera. We didn't dare hope it was found.

The amazing cast member asked if we had a good day, so I said "yes we'd had an amazing day in me but for loosing the camera and lunch" she could tell I was upset. She rang through... And amazingly their must have been pixie dust around because they had the camera. Well it matches the description. We just needed to go to the transportation hub tomorrow morning. Hubby looked horrified he wanted it in his hands and said could we go back to me and collect it before the park shut? Yes. Bless the cast member she said this seems crazy that you have to go back and get it with the kids. She asked us to wait and made a few calls, then spoke to the manager. She came back and introduced Okw runner who was going to go and collect it for us! Amazing Disney! They said we would feel terrible if you get there and it's not the right camera. So let us go get it for you and make your data. Little better. We had dinner, and ventured back to guest services. The runner was right there and when she saw us she had a huge grin on her face... "It's yours I checked the photos". Omg! I couldn't believe how lucky we were, they said cameras and phones etc are usually handed in because most realise the precious empties I them x

I asked to see the resort manager who came really quickly. I explained how the staff had gone way above for us and really made our day. I asked if we are allowed to tip. She explained they were not able to take tips but that by calling her that would be good for them and if we could put it in an email even better. Which we did over a bottle of yummy bubbles to celebrate our amazing first day at Disney 😀
Old 2 Aug 15, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Oh my gosh what a day of lows and highs. So glad to hear you got your camera back.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Spottywotty
VIP Dibber

Oh what a day I'm exausted reading it lol hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday can't wait to read more
Spottywotty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Talk about a 'roller coaster ride' of a day. I'm so pleased u got your camera back & how lucky for your hubby to find his wedding ring in MK. I lost mine in the back garden 3 yrs ago & still haven't found it! We fly out to OKW this week so nice to read that the staff went out of their way to help you. Enjoy the rest of your holiday, was Olivia's good ? ☀️
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 15, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tiny loz
Trainee Dibber

Oh my what a day I would be getting upset and stress I will think about how cool you was and just remember things will get sorted either way... im so glad it ended good
tiny loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List