Notices

Old 12 Mar 15, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

184kg Allowance I'll give it a go :-) - March 2015 Day 6 Universal IOA And Escapology

Today we were heading back to Universal and Islands of adventure to do everything we missed earlier in the week - we started IOA side and walked in with the sun shining down on us... nothing beats that feeling on holiday (well unless you find the dream bag / shoes - that maybe beats it slightly! )

We wanted to go on Spider-Man first and it was a walk on - this is a classic ride, but I have to say again that it isn't as good as Transformers albeit the ride sequence is pretty similar!

Now it was breakfast time - we have pretty much given up now on full breakfasts so it was just a snack that was needed! Jez popped into Starbucks for a cookie

And I ordered sticky heart warm heart attack on a plate! Omg it was so good but I could not finish this beast of a bun! It was gooey and warm and very delicious - if you haven't tried a Cinnabon then I would add it to your planning list!

After a little rest (waiting for sugar rush to ease off) we walked into Suessland - it was really empty, I'm guessing most were on route to Harry P so we took full advantage of this!

Obviously I needed a photo with an elephant - check!

Cat in the Hat was first - walked straight on, it is a strange ride and at parts spins quite a lot! But it's enjoyable and I like thing 1 and thing 2!

Next we went on One fish two fish - I don't remember doing this before... I got soaked - literally my vest was drenched and I looked like I'd been on a water ride! So you get a leaver in your fish and can choose to go high or low but then it freezes and the water jets spray! It done it twice and both times I was in the firing line... thank goodness it was hot and it didn't take long to dry off!

Next up was the trolley in the sky - I like the proper roller coaster lap bar lol ...well I suppose you are pretty high! We joined in with making all the silly sounds as we went around :-)

Fully explored the land we headed straight for hogsmede station - it was 10 minutes waiting for the train and it is brilliant - I'd forgotten a lot of the story but it is really clever. As we approach London we see the motorway and familiar sights complete with a heavy rain shower on the screen and before long we are pulling into Kings Cross!

Next up we went to crustyland and onto Simpsons, no more than 5 min wait! You certainly get thrown about on this - we were sat at the back this time. Favourite part - in Maggies mouth and the baby powder smell!

All done it was time for a bit of twist and hurl - brilliant name and luckily breakfast had gone down by now! Again a walk on :-))

A quick photo on the bench and over to see what would greet us next!

It was just approaching the next animal actors show and we could rest our feet for 20 mins!

A great show but no monkey in it today - lots of cats, dogs, birds and a pig though to keep us entertained!

Now in October we thought we should ride ET '1 last time' we were convinced it's just a matter of time now before it goes... it was still here and even better news as it was a walk on they were issuing passports this time (we didn't get this in October) so of course we couldn't be Debi and Jez - today we would be Ruby and Adam lol!

As ET said goodbye to Ruby and Adam we said goodbye to Universal and IOA for this trip! It was now after lunch so we decided to pay a visit to an old favourite Applebee's.

Lunch combos are really good value $6.99-$8.99 for any combo of soup / salad / sandwich / pasta. We both had French onion soup and a chicken sandwich - very nice and filled us up ready for a supermarket visit ;-)

Time to check out Wallmart and pick up a few things... I grabbed this photo from Mr Google - it's hot here honestly so don't know why the people are all wrapped up for winter ;-)

Now seriously check out the cuteness of this bag! It's Minnie Mouse and it's furry! And it's only $5.99! They also had Mickey. I will be wearing her tomorrow and I don't care I'm 39 and proud lol! It has enough room for phone, money etc, if you can't look a fool on holiday when can you :-))
A complete contrast to my normal Michael Kors obsession... but hey it's Disney anything goes!

Next is just a random selection of beauty bits...
I got the Ariel lashes ($3.99), new real techniques brush ($9.98), new poreless face primer ($6) - I have the colour corrector one and really like it! A Milani clear lip liner ($4) and a wet and wild eye pencil (.99)

We had Escapology booked for late afternoon and were really looking forward to this - quick ice-cream on route!

I picked up the Escapology voucher from Groupon - if you haven't heard of it here is the official blurb:
Escapology is a real-life escape game. Groups of up to 6 players are locked in a themed game, and players must work together to find hidden objects, uncover the clues and solve the puzzles to earn your freedom! But can you do it before your 60 minutes are up? Do you have what it takes to Escape?

Our game was Arizona shootout - you are first taken into a briefing room and you watch a video showing you the story background. Next you go into a room and are locked in with a big screen counting down 60 minutes. The room has another locked door and loads of items / clues to solve in the room! You have a games master who will give you clues if you need help (we had 4 clues over the 3 rooms). We made it out with 38 seconds to spare! Honestly it was such fun and I highly recommend it - you can have up to 6 people play. Very very funny and we will 100% do again!

It had been a long day (for us!) when we came out and all we really wanted was something quick and easy for dinner, we thought we would check out the new area by the Orlando eye, but it really isn't finished yet do still lots empty...

We made a decision to just head back to the villa and pop into Perkins!

We just fancied pot roast - as always it was delicious and we both took a piece of pie home (which is my reward once I post this trippie! ) all in it was $31

So steps today quite a lot more and distance 4.5 miles - no problem for my sketchers (still loving them! )
Tomorrow we are finally off to Epcot and then downtown Disney in the evening - we might also catch a film! Until then as usual thank you for reading and commenting. Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 12 Mar 15 12:54 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Great report
Following along x
We are going to split our days into 3 after reading your report
Thanks for sharing x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
avcar
Excited about Disney

excellent as always!
I don't remember you posting a pic of your car rental? can you post what you arer driving?
avcar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Morning debs x
Another great day, the escapology thing sounds brilliant, never heard of it before but looks a great way to spend time.
Not gonna show lil your trip report she will fall in love with the Minnie Mouse bag lol. . . A real bargain.
Have a great day at Epcot today, it was one of my favourites last year especially the world showcase, look forward to reading more tomorrow xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Torsie24
Very Serious Dibber

Torsie24's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Oh Debi I just discovered your TR and have now completely caught up!

What an amazing trip you're having. Love all your purchases.

Hope you have a great day today. X
2012-DLP-HNY 2014-DLP-DLH 2015-DLP-DLH 2016-DLP-DLH 2017-DLP-SLGF 2017-DLP-RUNWEEKEND
Torsie24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Love IOA, especially the Hulk, didnt you fancy it this time around?

Dont show my wife the Minnie bag, she will want one lol

Keep the reports coming, nice to read and see your pics early in the morning
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Another great day.

I'm going to decide between Walmart and Target from your purchases target just pipping Walmart to the post atm.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day Debs...I have my eye on that primer too so let me know what you think

Loved the Minnie bag..I know a very little someone who will love that...better make sure she has enough pocket money 😀
Have a great day xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 15, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Morning debs! A super day at IOA and lovely sunshine. Nice mini haul too. That French onion soup looks gorgeous