Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 17, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
donaldtheduck
slightly serious Dibber

donaldtheduck's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I make a point of not sleeping too much the night before -late night and up early, then I am tired on the flight and tend to doze off while watching a movie. I also take a few walks down the length of the plane and back (this is also good for avoiding DVT's).
POR November 2013
DLRP November 2014
CBR February 2016
donaldtheduck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
You can take whatever food you like on to the plane but you must leave meat, fish, fruit, dairy etc. on the plane. You can also take drink if you buy it airside.

Sorry but never buy anything on the plane.

Mick
Thank you
Unicorn13x is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I suppose I'm worried about not being able to settle into anything. Not a nervous flyer but do like to keep a check out the window for loose screws and shaky wings so I can give the captain the heads up 😉Might try getting into a telly programme rather than a film. Never heard of noise cancelling headphones, will go look them up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SavaSnoopy
Helping Minnie

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by Danthegoofyman View Post
Never heard of noise cancelling headphones, will go look them up.
Sorry mine are QC25 the ones with the wires:

bose/en_gb/product...e-devices.html

Airlines use them in first class it takes away all the background noise of engine rumbles and general chatter around you. I find it so much more relaxing and well worth the investment. There are other ones out there as well like the Beats etc
SavaSnoopy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nicohna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

IFE had Gone with the Wind last time so that killed a good few hours for me
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Danthegoofyman View Post
I suppose I'm worried about not being able to settle into anything. Not a nervous flyer but do like to keep a check out the window for loose screws and shaky wings so I can give the captain the heads up 😉Might try getting into a telly programme rather than a film. Never heard of noise cancelling headphones, will go look them up.
IVe got Goodrings and they are superb, really make a difference. There is a switch you can use for noise cancelling or just use them as normal headphones.
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I watch a film, have some food, read some of my book, read the paper, do a crossword, eat some more, watch another film, have a little snooze, talk to the kids, eat some more, watch some stuff on my iPad and keep an eye on the flight map! Before you know it you have an hour left and is time to tidy up your seat and pack the iPads and books away!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the flight map!
I watch the flight map for most of the flight, not sure how I'm going to cope this year without knowing where abouts we are (AA and no seatback ife).

I can never settle to a watch a film, last year I watched one film half on the way there then the rest of it on the way back.

This year I'm taking a tablet filled with episodes of my favourite programmes rather than films, along with a few magazines (can never concentrate for long enough to read my book) and plenty of snacks (I eat when I'm bored).
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I plan a couple of movies I really want to watch. Plus a couple of 30 mins tv programmes to break it up. With those and something to eat I find it goes quite quickly now. Coming home never sleep so same plan on return.

One film I loved so much flying out in May I even watched going home so I knew I'd really really enjoy those few hours coming home
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

I find the long flights simply hideous! I'm the worst passenger and I can never spread the time, I find a combination of pulling teeth and sticking pins in my eyes seems to just about do it!
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List