Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 17, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
flittle89
Looking for my Ears

Dont use o2 in the USA!

Just a quick word of warning, we have purchased a Three sim anyway, but wanted to see how much o2 would charge for using data in the USA.
For 200mb it was £125! and a daily cap of 50MB, that amount of data wouldnt last an hour on most phones!

or if you just used your phone as normal, it was £6 a MB! just to put it into perspective, opening facebook on your phone can take around 2.6mb!

Thank god we have the three cards!
flittle89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thankyou, we have o2, i think I'll leave the phones at home
Old 30 Sep 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

Just turn your phone's data off and put it in flight mode and use the wifi. We did this this year and used whatsapp and facebook messenger to send messages/make voice and video calls to people at home!
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We only use wi fi with their o2 tu go app. You can make calls back to U.K. and receive calls as normal and the calls just come off your minutes. We where in okw and I took business calls throughout the holiday so I had work when we came home.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
O2 do a travel bolt on for £4.99 a day however if you activate it before your trip for data hoping to use it only on the days you plan on using data then you need to be careful not to receive or send any texts. I was caught out last year when I got a text from a friend and it cost me £4.99 as the bolt on activated for the day. I was £30 out of pocket before I realised but didn't know why until I contacted O2. They refunded the money but just be careful. I would turn the phone on to airplane mode and use wifi.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I used the bolt on for £4.99 for a few days where we were travelling offsite and using uber. I kept my phone on aeroplane mode and just used wifi the rest of the time.
Old 30 Sep 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm with O2 and have been for a few years. I just turn off data roaming and lg on to Disneys wifi. Never had a problem and never had any unwelcome charges.
Old 30 Sep 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We used o2 Tu Go and WhatsApp on wifi. However, we did get hit with some unexpected charges even though we turned off data roaming. They said we should have had the phone on airplane mode the whole time.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I used the bolt on for £4.99 for a few days where we were travelling offsite and using uber. I kept my phone on aeroplane mode and just used wifi the rest of the time.
The bolt on has it's place if you know what it includes and what triggers it. I don't like that the bolt on is either on your account or not. I'm with Sky now who also charge £4.99 but it only triggered if I turned on data roaming so I was able to use it 2 days.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Sorry Sky are £5, not £4.99.

Trip Report Index