Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

I hope you find someone to take and have a great time x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Take your mum or dad or tennage niece or nephew / cousin ?

Could be a good way to hea.

And I would not be trying to splash stuff all over FB to make the ex jealous, move on and don't give him any more of your time.

Edited at 02:42 PM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I disagree. My best friend has JUST and I mean, last Thursday just. Split up with her partner. She has literally just (as in 1300 today) boarded a flight to India. The holiday was paid for, she's gone alone. She's never been before, she's petrified of flying. But she's done it. I couldn't get the time off work otherwise I would have gone with her, I'm terrified that she's going alone, but I'm proud she hasn't let him ruin anything further.

My other friend had 4 months travelling booked, her and her parter split up a week before. They all expected her to cancel, but she went alone and had an amazing time, and is now home and ready to jet off again. It's made her so happy.

OP, I'm so sorry this has happened to you. That's so awful of him for letting it go so far. But sadly it really seems to be the trend at the moment! Certainly amoung my friends.
I hope you have someone who you can go with, the break really might be what you need and you won't have the regret of losing the money. He will expect you to cancel, but I really think you should go and try and have the time of your life.

Take care whatever you decide to do.
I take onboard that you disagree due to the fact that you have had friends who have been in similar situations and gone on to enjoy themselves, I have no idea what their situation was but I am just going on the fact that a young woman who has just got married and I am assuming she was blissfully happy and has had the rug literally pulled out from under her feet , in that situation I don't know how anyone could cope with being alone without any moral support especially in the place that was meant to be their honeymoon .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
luceski
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thank you all for all your suggestions and support. I have to return home to try & make some tough decisions. I will look at options to see if we can sell the holiday on.

So gutted as I have been planning this trip for the last year & a half and have all our ADRs sorted and excursions booked
luceski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Firstly I felt so sad to read your post, breakups really are the worst thing and theres really nothing anyone can say to make it better

Sorry if it's been mentioned but have you tried seeing if they will allow you to push the trip back or change locations? You may be in a better position to go as time goes on and can switch to have someone else with you. xx
Old 31 Aug 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Ah Hun .. so sorry to hear this x
A few years back me and hubbie split (same as you but married for 13 years) .. I took his name off the booking and still went, I did have my 2 kids though. I had booked with virgin holidays and they were great, it would have been £40 to name change but I wanted the time for just us three (kids took it hard as well)
It was the BEST TRIP EVER ! .. you go Hun .. take one of your mates or even your mum and enjoy yourself .. you might even nab a hunky lifeguard round the pool lol ...

Lisa x
Old 31 Aug 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'm so sorry to hear your going through this. What a horrible situation to be in!

Is there any way you could contact virgin and change the dates for 6 months time or something? Then it gives you time to find someone else to go with or you might find yourself in a stronger place to go it alone? Or you could see if they would allow you to change to a different location?

Edited at 03:05 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

One thing I meant to say was that when it happened to me they did say that the lead name on the booking had to go on the trip ... from then I always book all holidays in my name ... this was a few years ago though so might have changed now x
Old 31 Aug 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

One thing I meant to say was that when it happened to me they did say that the lead name on the booking had to go on the trip ... from then I always book all holidays in my name ... this was a few years ago though so might have changed now x
Old 31 Aug 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
luceski
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Unfortunately I cannot defer the holiday as the tickets have already been issued.
luceski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List