Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Is June a good time to visit?

We're not supposed to be going next year, but I've found some good flights for mid June and am very tempted! What is June like crowds wise and how is the weather?
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Busy and hot.

Although if the local/AP reports are anything to go by, summer is not as busy as it once was. Still hot though, which would always rule it out for me.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Very very wet when we were there in june, must say it put us off early summer !
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Don't mind the heat, we've been a couple of times in August so like it hot! we also had plenty of rain on both our trips, although not ideal we can live with that too. I'm wondering what the crowd levels are like in comparison to August?
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

June is peak season and will be busier than late August. US schools will have all broken up for the Summer by the end of the first week in June.

We went in 2012, 6-20th, and were hit by a tropical storm. Sandwiched between 2, actually, and had a lot of rain which did stop play quite a bit. We've also been in May (our favourite time) and late September/October when we had a hurricane!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SophieMitchell
Trainee Dibber

SophieMitchell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Went in June this year for the first time and because it rained so much I wouldn't again!
Old 8 Dec 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We were there this June from the 16th..I thought it was very busy and at times it felt worse than the Christmas crowds to me,the heat and humidity was very draining but we didn't really have much rain like early June did.We spent a lot more time at the villa pool than we'd planned as it was just too hot to walk around all day. I did say I'd never go back again at that time but of course I would if I had no option to go at another time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Our first trip was mid June and we've not been back that time of year again.

It was very hot, rained constantly and the second week was very busy with lots of school trips.

We were in desperate need of seeing some blue sky after our first week.. may just have been very unlucky.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We where there in June this year and the weather was awful, it wasn't just afternoon showers... it rained and rained and rained. Didn't stop us doing anything we had planned but those gray clouds did start to bother me
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think it’s known as ‘gloomy June’ because it’s soggy & overcast. I wouldn’t go then.
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List