Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pokerbanter
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by xclairerachelx View Post
Hello

So I booked five nights at AKL with tickets, DDP etc for five nights next August. For the remaining 9 nights we were going to stay off site however now we’re considering another Disney hotel (probably a value one) obviously would like the free DDP - even though different from moderate resort but we already have tickets as they’re 14 days! Will I still have to pay for tickets again?

If you want free dining then you need new tickets... Or perhaps stay at AKL for the 14 days?
pokerbanter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by xclairerachelx View Post
Hello

So I booked five nights at AKL with tickets, DDP etc for five nights next August. For the remaining 9 nights we were going to stay off site however now we’re considering another Disney hotel (probably a value one) obviously would like the free DDP - even though different from moderate resort but we already have tickets as they’re 14 days! Will I still have to pay for tickets again?
You don't need to buy another set of tickets as the 14 day tickets continue to be active once you check out of AKL.

The Options you have are:

1 Extend the AKL stay to full 14 days. You would get 14 days ddp.

2 Downgrade AKL to a moderate resort like Port orleans, increase it to 14days and upgrade the dining to ddp - less cost overall than 14 nights at AKL.

3 Extend AKL by however many days you can afford and book a value for the remaining days. You'd have ddp at AKL including your check out day and your refillable mugs would still be active at your second resort but you would need to pay out of pocket for food for your value stay.

4 Keep AKL as it is and book value resort for your other days - you only get free breakfast at a value so would not make financial sense to pay for another set of tickets.

Edited at 04:57 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Can I pleas have opinions... after another person posted about first choice offering deluxe dining with all packages we are looking at:

29th September 2019, 2 adults 14 nights. caribbean beach, tickets, deluxe dining plan and flights- flying gatwick to sanford and includes transfers to hotel- £5088 after cashback

Thinking it is a good price as it includes deluxe dining (I know this is a lot of food but its our honeymoon so wanting to try lots of signatures and we love appetizers!)

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
Can I pleas have opinions... after another person posted about first choice offering deluxe dining with all packages we are looking at:

29th September 2019, 2 adults 14 nights. caribbean beach, tickets, deluxe dining plan and flights- flying gatwick to sanford and includes transfers to hotel- £5088 after cashback

Thinking it is a good price as it includes deluxe dining (I know this is a lot of food but its our honeymoon so wanting to try lots of signatures and we love appetizers!)
Disney are showing that as £4,522.00 excluding flights. £566 for 2 return flights sounds ok to me!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds ok but Id check Thomas cook too as it comes into Orlando with Disney Express which is a great start to the holiday
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

You probably know this already, but your wording makes me want to type it just in case: you can upgrade any package to deluxe dining no matter who you book with or which resort you choose. You simply pay the difference between deluxe and quick service when staying at CBR, which appears to be included in this quote. They're not giving you deluxe dining for free.

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Disney are showing that as £4,522.00 excluding flights. £566 for 2 return flights sounds ok to me!
You have to compare apples to apples. You can also get 3.5% cashback if you book direct today and OP did not mention whether or not a gift card is included. Just the cashback brings the difference to £724 and it could be more if the offer does not include a gift card.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
wilf155
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
You probably know this already, but your wording makes me want to type it just in case: you can upgrade any package to deluxe dining no matter who you book with or which resort you choose. You simply pay the difference between deluxe and quick service when staying at CBR, which appears to be included in this quote. They're not giving you deluxe dining for free.

You have to compare apples to apples. You can also get 3.5% cashback if you book direct today and OP did not mention whether or not a gift card is included. Just the cashback brings the difference to £724 and it could be more if the offer does not include a gift card.
You're right. First choice were £800 pp more than theTui package I booked for AKL

Edited at 09:09 PM.
wilf155 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyBob
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Hi all, I was looking at booking 5 nights at AKL on 29/10/19. This was available from Virgin and other sites a few days ago but when I search now I get nothing ☹. Anyone have any idea if this will become available again or have they stopped selling for a reason?
MickyBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MickyBob View Post
Hi all, I was looking at booking 5 nights at AKL on 29/10/19. This was available from Virgin and other sites a few days ago but when I search now I get nothing ☹. Anyone have any idea if this will become available again or have they stopped selling for a reason?
If you look at some other threads you’ll see this is common. Something to do with Star Wars opening. They’ll release more soon I think but price may have changed
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MickyBob
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stepaway View Post
If you look at some other threads you’ll see this is common. Something to do with Star Wars opening. They’ll release more soon I think but price may have changed
ahh man, sorry must have missed the other threads, I'll have another look. Thanks for reply.
MickyBob is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List