Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mrs_dlw
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That if you are a planner (like me!) that you can’t do it all and until you’ve been you cant appreciate how big it is and how tired your family might get. Be flexible with your plans and don’t get your knickers in a knot if you don’t stick to your agenda...you will be back! And I guess that’s the other thing...don’t think of it like a ‘once in a lifetime’ holiday as it’s likely you’ll be planning your return before you are home :-)
Animal Kingdom Lodge / RPR - October 2015
mrs_dlw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Agree with above. You will kill yourself trying to do it all so be prepared to miss stuff and for that to be fine 😀. Prioritise and then if you are tired it doesn't matter if you take a break. Take more than 1 pair of comfy trainers. If you get wet in a Florida thunder storm it will take days for them to dry out so need spare pair.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
take snacks into the parks, and drinks or itll cost you a fortune,
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Plan in some pool time. Dont plan every day a park day. If you have young children in strollers, and are staying late in the park, pay for preffered parking it was very expensive at $45.but paid it twice as we we were stopping for fireworks, so comng in a bit later. We all got a bottle of water, and parked 5 rows from the front. We could walk in and no haveing to catch tram. As we had 2 small kids in a double buggy it was well worth it. Walked from ferry to car and away.
llamala is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Don't fixate on the rides. The shows and parades are brilliant
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Buy a PE bag (like the ones they sell in Clarks Shoe Shop) it can hold you ponchos and an umbrella that can be used for rain or sun. It dries really quickly is comfy to wear all day long as doesn't weigh anything.
Look at everything and don't rush, especially round Epcot.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Don’t overplan other parks. We felt just doing Disney would have been enough for us, we did not need to spend money on Seaworld tickets too. Accept that you will be too tired to stay in the parks all day and don’t try and force the kids to stay out longer than necessary- you see a lot of meltdowns from kids(and parents!) who have been over doing it. Kids love the water, factor in pool time.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

That you can't do everything.
That the queues are fun too so don't feel the need to rush through them.
That the rides are only a small part of the experience in the parks.
People say don't wear new trainers but I find them to be more comfortable so it depends on you.
I borrowed a pair of new timberland socks from DH after making the mistake of wearing flip flops to the parks (we only went in for dinner). My god, they were the most comfortable things I have ever had on my feet. Even though my feet were all blistered up (from the flip flops) I didn't feel any discomfort.
Share drinks, by the time you finish it it is getting warm anyway.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

That we would return would have taken everything much slower
DH not to go as it's costbus a fortune over the years but he's kidding
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Just a couple off the top of my head...

Stand against the wall under the painting of the woman holding the umbrella in the Haunted Mansion stretching room. Beat the rush out to the queue...saves time.

The water fountain by the kids care center in the MK (between Caseys and Crystal Palace) is the best and coldest one in the park.

Simply ask Castmembers nicely. Need help or advice on where to go next? Ask them for their suggestions. Want to wait for the front row (a must for POTC, etc.)? Politely ask. More often than not they will accommodate you.

Crystal Arts (MK Main St) has a cool glass blowing demonstration that most people don't know about or skip entirely.

Learn the 'cut thru's' throughout the parks to save time navigating. Ex: Adventureland to Frontierland... no need to walk end to end, just cut thru.

The clock at the loading area of Its a Small World is functional, and does some cute things each quarter hour.

First time ever riding Soarin, ask for the center front row (even if you have to wait). Worth it to avoid distortion and dangling feet.

Don't buy trading pins in the park. Buy lots of them on Amazon or Ebay ahead of time. Stay away from 'pro traders' camped out in the parks... they are just little pins people...let the kids have fun with them.

Don't let rain ruin your trip. You are bound to encounter rain. Some of my favorite memories are from enjoying the parks in the pouring rain while everyone else sheltered in place. It's Florida...you'll dry off quickly once the sun comes out 10 minutes later.

Steam train in MK is not just a round trip ride...use it as transport. More relaxing to take it from the front to the back than navigate on foot through masses of tired guests.

Watch the rock formation to your left (before the drop) at the beginning of POTC. It looks like a skull, but is a really neat spacial illusion. Never tire of watching how they did that.

I could go on... but have to get to work at some point! Good luck, and enjoy!
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List