Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
Take an extension cable - it will save you having to take multiple adapters to charge your devices.
What a good idea! We usually take two travel adapters but its never enough.

Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
If you're a tea drinker, you'll probably need to take a travel kettle or pick one up over there. Trying to make tea in a coffee maker is a sadness I wouldn't wish on anyone
That's an even better idea! I've been THAT fool who made tea in a coffee maker.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Oh, I'd forgotten about checking the back of your receipts in Disney! Last year we had food somewhere on property, and on the back of my receipt it gave me 10% off anything bought in certain merchandise stores before 13:00 hrs. We were in Hollywood Studios the next day and planning a big souvenir shop, so instead of picking up the shopping just before we left, we did it on arrival and did indeed get 10% off things I was planning to buy anyway! Then we just got it shipped back to our resort instead of carrying it around all day - this is something you can do free of charge if you stay onsite.

Also agree with the travel kettle - they are really cheap in Walmart, my sister prefers tea and really struggles with the whole coffee machine thing. There used to be a thread on here somewhere where you could find out if a Dibber was leaving just as you arrived at any resort, where you could then "gift" on a travel kettle or cheap stroller, or such stuff - not sure if this is still going though.
Old 6 Apr 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There will be a bug you catch out there, that will make you want to rebook again as soon as you get home to go back again 🤪
Old 6 Apr 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
There will be a bug you catch out there, that will make you want to rebook again as soon as you get home to go back again 🤪
So true! Sometimes you think you're cured and it comes back months, even years later!

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
onetoescape
Excited about Disney

1. If you dont walk or exercise at the moment start taking walks as the parks are bigger than you think.
2. Invest in a good pair of trainers. Your feet are really important this holiday you need to look after them. I have seen people complaining about sore feet and they walking about in poor choices in footwear like flip flops!
3. You need to have a rough plan or you won't get anything you want done.
4. Jet Lag is your friend in the first few days use it your advantage and get to the parks early.
5. You dont need to do all the parks. Just doing Disney or just doing Universal is fine.
6. Disneyitis is a thing sometimes you need to escape the mouse.
7. Americans can be a bit rude.
onetoescape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Just how much fabulous fun of equal quality is available and also how much Less you pay for great quality food outside of WDW.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wed2ared
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

For our 2nd trip we subscribed to Touring Plans which was spot on for estimated wait times, changes to park hours and even faxing our room request. Our first day at MK EMH changed from 8am to 7am with only a few weeks notice - we got an alert and it was pretty quiet (jetlagged so awake well before that time anyway).

Swapping unused dining plan credits for snacks.

Use Uber for a few $$ - especially after fireworks, much more relaxing that resort busses.

Take your own refillable bottles into the parks to save money/snack credits and keep hydrated.

Cooling towels.

Ride the rides and shows even if they don't appeal. I really enjoyed Dumbo and The carousel of progress skipped the 1st time.
wed2ared is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Not to turn left out of the hotel looking for a supermarket when there was a Publix about half a mile away to the right! Lack of planning.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
Not to turn left out of the hotel looking for a supermarket when there was a Publix about half a mile away to the right! Lack of planning.
Oh, we did that in Miami once years ago! Came out of hotel, turned left, drove for miles and miles looking for a pizza place, eventually gave up and went back to hotel, missed the turning into it and drove about half a mile further on. There was a Pizza Express.
Old 6 Apr 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
UK Hairstriaghters dont work in the US, power conversion issue. Wasnt for me but my DF was mad about it. Bought a pair when we were at target and they work fine in the US
My ghds worked.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List