Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 May 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

My mum has a foot issue, and 2 years ago, I suggested they (parents) hire a scooter for their Disney holiday, a quick google search found a company for them. My mum and dad had never considered this, but they hired one for 2 weeks for around £200 (could have been $.)

As soon as they got home, having seen the value it brought to their holiday, my dad went out and got my mum one for home, but they do live in Whitby at the top of a hill (not difficult round there.) My mum now has a fleet 😂 but does have a fold up one, which they’re looking to take with them this time instead of hiring one. My dad has got in touch with Virgin about what they need to do.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

That's an excellent price for an ecv.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We came back from a two week trip with our son at Easter. He has a rare bone condition and has had a number of operations. Disney issued him with a DAS pass after we went to customer services and explained his needs. Universal did not offer anything and we hired a wheelchair for our days there. The DAS pass means you can go to any ride and they will issue you with a time to return so you still queue but virtually. You can only have one return time at a time so have to queue normally if you wish to ride anything in between. You don’t have to prove your disability in the USA due to legislation but you do have to demonstrate to the cast member why you can’t just queue standing or in the wheelchair. Sadly they seem to favour or provide the DAS pass more for people on the autistic spectrum than those with a physical disbability.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by ElizaWilliam View Post
We came back from a two week trip with our son at Easter. He has a rare bone condition and has had a number of operations. Disney issued him with a DAS pass after we went to customer services and explained his needs. Universal did not offer anything and we hired a wheelchair for our days there. The DAS pass means you can go to any ride and they will issue you with a time to return so you still queue but virtually. You can only have one return time at a time so have to queue normally if you wish to ride anything in between. You don’t have to prove your disability in the USA due to legislation but you do have to demonstrate to the cast member why you can’t just queue standing or in the wheelchair. Sadly they seem to favour or provide the DAS pass more for people on the autistic spectrum than those with a physical disbability.
There is no reason why someone in a wheelchair cannot queue up unless there are other issues as well. The wheelchair entrances are sometimes shorter anyway.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Paulaf87
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

My husband and I go to Florida every 2 years and have been doing so for the last 10 years.

I am registered as disabled and have been since birth. I have issues with my bones on my feet and cannot stand or walk for long periods of time.
Due to this I bring my own lightweight foldable wheelchair.
I have never had to prove my disability to anyone in disney.

We have never used DAS or had special passes, and wouldn't want to as there is no need for us not to stand in the queue.
On a few occasion cast members have asked us to go via different entrances as we cannot get wheelchair through. But going through these different entrances you often miss things which is a shame.

If your partner cannot walk far id recommend buying a lightweight wheelchair here and taking it with you. This means if you need help at the airport too you can have this if you want.
Paulaf87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LaughingPlace
slightly serious Dibber

LaughingPlace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Get a DAS pass.

1) Go to City Hall and ask for a DAS pass - Disney will not ask what it is for or ask for any paperwork of any kind
2) Bring all your party in and get them linked to your DAS pass
3) Go to a ride you want to ride and ask for a DAS return
4) They will add it to your Magic Band just like a FP+ (If the queue is 30 mins, your DAS pass will allow you down the FP lane in 30 minutes time)
5) Go off and get a drink
6) Go back 30 Minutes later and go down the FP+ lane to ride the ride.
7) Go back to step 3

Note: The DAS pass does NOT effect your FP or FP selections
Note: The DAS is not tiered so if you have a FP+ for Flights of Passage, you can alos get a DAS for it.
Note: You can only have 1 DAS ride queued at any one time
Note: Everybody in your party rides with you
Note: You, the DAS holder must be in the party to go on the ride.

Source: Me and my gammy leg.
LaughingPlace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by LaughingPlace View Post
Get a DAS pass.
As Disney's website says:

"A Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need a DAS".

For the above guest they should join the normal queues (standby or fastpass) just like everyone else.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JammyDoja
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
As Disney's website says:

"A Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need a DAS".

For the above guest they should join the normal queues (standby or fastpass) just like everyone else.
which was my point exactly. As stated in the original post her guest uses a wheelchair and can queue in the wheelchair and NOT need a DAS pass.
Las Vegas 2011-Luxor/Florida 2011-International Palms
Florida 2012-Fantasy Villas/Florida 2014-Windsor Palms
JammyDoja is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by LaughingPlace View Post
Get a DAS pass.

1) Go to City Hall and ask for a DAS pass - Disney will not ask what it is for or ask for any paperwork of any kind
2) Bring all your party in and get them linked to your DAS pass
3) Go to a ride you want to ride and ask for a DAS return
4) They will add it to your Magic Band just like a FP+ (If the queue is 30 mins, your DAS pass will allow you down the FP lane in 30 minutes time)
5) Go off and get a drink
6) Go back 30 Minutes later and go down the FP+ lane to ride the ride.
7) Go back to step 3

Note: The DAS pass does NOT effect your FP or FP selections
Note: The DAS is not tiered so if you have a FP+ for Flights of Passage, you can alos get a DAS for it.
Note: You can only have 1 DAS ride queued at any one time
Note: Everybody in your party rides with you
Note: You, the DAS holder must be in the party to go on the ride.

Source: Me and my gammy leg.
Yes they will ask why you need a DAS pass and you have to explain why it is needed.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List